Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default What speakers with stock HU?

All,

I am keen to replace the speakers in my AUII Forte. I have the stock head unit and i am not wanting to change head units. I am aware that the AU's run 5x7in speakers, and i am under the belief that this is the same for BA's. Is this correct?

Also, what speakers do you run un-amped from your stock head unit? Are they good? Is there anything to watch out for? (spk depth etc?)

Old 17-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

hertz and boston do great 5x7's for these type of applications as the magnets aren't very big but they still produce plenty of sound thanks to the magnets being much stronger which i know is the case with the bostons. just make a 6mm mdf spacer maybe to give it some clearance but you might get away with it. they will change the sound heaps without changing the standard head unit.and you are correct the ba's run 5x7's as well but they are of poorer quality than the ones in an au.

hope this helps
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

You can also get speaker adapters for the AU to fit something like 6 inch or 6.5 inch splits, they will always give a better noise than 5x7's will....

Ive allways have a good experiance with alpine's type R speakers, really awesome mid-range bass for those who arent after a sub.

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
XR6_4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

iv got 5 1/4" alpine type r splits in the front and they came with adapters for a 5x7...

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

very true about running 6.5" adapters for the fronts as they do sound much better but your going to want to upgrade the head unit if your going to get splits.
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 17-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Mr Hardware

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

I see. I'm not wanting to run spacers or a different type of speaker, I'm looking for something that will simply bolt on without any modification, 5x7 is the go.
Old 17-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
I see. I'm not wanting to run spacers or a different type of speaker, I'm looking for something that will simply bolt on without any modification, 5x7 is the go.
Simple straight fit speakers running off the stock HU my vote goes to Rockford Fosgate Punch 5x7's. I have these in the ute now and for a speaker that is under $250 a pair and a direct fit, I have not found better yet. I ran them off the stock HU for a while and they were great, I now have them running off an Alpine HU and even better now. RF is available from most autobarn stores and if you have trouble getting it from them let me know and I'll help you out. PN for the 5x7s is P572S from memory.
Old 17-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

i will vouch for the RF speakers too as a mate has them in his car, they go very well for a cheap bolt in speaker. even with a standard h/u you will be impressed.
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 17-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

i got kenwood speakiers in mine. KFC-5708ie or somethign like that. they are pretty good.
Old 17-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Mr Hardware

mmm KFC
okey doke, Kenwoods or Rockford Fosgates eh.
Just looking at the rockford fosgate website, would P1572C be the ones?
Old 17-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Thats the ones mate, sorry Im hopeless with part numbers.
Old 18-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #12
Mr Hardware

sounds like a goer. i'll drop into autobarn soon and check em out. thanks for your help hey.