Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
The Monty
Just slidin'

Default Brakes and Diff

Hello.
Just wondering, with the Au2/3 brake upgrade, are the BA/BF base model, or even XR version Callipers and Rotors a straight fit or not?
And does the XR6T LSD fit (whole diff) as it would be easier than trying to find a non IRS LSD with 3.45's (if there was any).
Josh

Old 15-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I know with the LSD some B series owners are swapping to AU diffs as ours are actually stronger. As for Calipers I think the 322mm set up that FTG sells is a pretty good deal and is a straight up fit.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

BA/BF calipers will fit once the au2 conversion is done as long as the calipers have the right mounting bracket to go with the disks.
I think the BA/BF/territory calipers are all the same across most models, but it's the mounting bracket which determines the disk size.

AU diff in a BA/BF, they are only using the LSD center, as ours are a 4 pinion center, where as there's is a 2 pinion.

BA/BF diff in AU, no it won't fit. The closet fit is the ute/wagon diff's. They will physically fit, but the hand brake system is different.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Handbrake? Since when does an AU handbrake work anyway?
Old 16-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

MY au handbrake works awsome, and havent touched it. Our BA handbrake- well thats another story. lol
Old 16-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
AU3XSR
First time Falconless

Superoo is right. The BA/BF calipers (standard and performance) will fit an AU2 (or AU1 with a conversion) onwards as long as you have the right mounting brackets for the rotors. I believe Territory calipers will also fit as they are the same as the BF performance brakes, but the mounts for the Territory won't fit.

As far as the handbrake goes mine works really well - as far as my brother's BA goes, let's just say that I agree with Mont.

Previous:-
2012 Fiesta Metal | 2001 AU2 XR6 | 1994 EF Fairmont | 2010 FG XR50 Ute | 2006 BF Typhoon | 2002 AU3 SR
AU3XSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

I agree with the hand brake thing. My au hand brake was great, but now with the ba diff (broke the au one and it was cheap) it's fair useless. And thats just because of the linkages that it does it, the shoes are the same ones.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post