Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Blinker problem

Yesterday morning i had a strange problem with my blinker, it would turn on but wouldnt flash, it would just stay on, slowly it would flash, took about 5 hours before it went back to normal, is this common? any clue as to what was going on? has this happened to anyone else?

bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a blinker relay, perhaps replace the unit if it gets worse...but check the front and rear blinker globes first and make sure ther`e working...if one isn`t working the blinker relay relies on a certain resistance from the globes..
Hope this helps
Cheers
Bolly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Blinker relay, costs not much to fix and is simple as pulling out the old one in the fuse box under the dash, and putting the new one in.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #4
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Blinker relay, costs not much to fix and is simple as pulling out the old one in the fuse box under the dash, and putting the new one in.
i got a new relay the other week cost $30 at ford you could probably get cheaper elsewhere
you could also try tapping the relay a few times it worked on the missus car for a coulpe of months before i had to replace it

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its started again, what does the relay look like, and where else beside ford might they have them?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
The Monty
Just slidin'

Its a little black box inside the fuse box.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
big_fletch

As a auto-elec i would say the flasher relay (also known as Flasher Cam). If globe was out the indicators would normally flash faster rather than slower. They are able to be bought from any automotive store really, such as burson, repco, ford dealership, autobarn ect:
I also included a pic of flasher cam and circled it so ya know which 1 it is if ya havent found it yet lol.. They can retail from bout $15-30 for different brands

Hope this helps mate,
chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image042.jpg (60.4 KB, 83 views)
big_fletch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks everyone, ill pull it out and take it to repco, there not too bad with prices for parts.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
I wouldn't even do that. Take it out, give it a bash against something, put it back in and I will guarantee you it will work again.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #10
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I wouldn't even do that. Take it out, give it a bash against something, put it back in and I will guarantee you it will work again.
lol, i'll try that first.