Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Post Lazy Fan Question

All,

My AUII's Fan has become rather slack lately. When attempting to cool the cabin with a little air from the airconditioner, i turn on the fan to whatever setting (1, 2, 3 or 4) with nil response from the fan. I wait anywhere between 30 seconds and 5 minutes, and in a burst of energy the fan starts. (It doesn't matter what temperature, air direction, speed or aircon on or off, i've tried em all to no avail.)

My questions are:
1. What may be causing this?
2. What's the easiest and/or most likely resolution?
3. How hard is it to swap fan units if that is the case? (iirc, its remove glovebox, disconnect cable, undo some screws, rinse and repeat)

TIA
Mr Hardware

Old 08-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
1. What may be causing this?
Your in Brisneyland right?
Your fans are still running on Vic time so daylight saving is probably the cause! :

Sorry 'bout that... Does the fan do the same thing without the aircon being on ie: to use the heater?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Mr Hardware

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Hahahaha!
Got a real chuckle out of me GasOLane.

Yeah, no aircon, or heater on yields the same results.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
whiskers
gone fishing

seems to me that you may have the same thing that I am getting fixed right now at great expense. (near on $700) in just labor. over 6 hrs work
the air con condenser may be blocked and not letting the air flow properly, this needs the dash out and a replacement done, I will have pics and a description put up tomorrow some time, but the auto elec doing the job said it was pretty bad
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
Mr Hardware

SADFACE
i certainly hope it's not that. did you have the same symptoms, ie fan would not turn on at all no matter what until it was left for a few minutes then all of a sudden start at random no matter what?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
whiskers
gone fishing

nope not that symptom but isn't the fan up in the heater/air con box or very near there.

Might be a trip to the auto elec's to see why, one that does air conditioning would be the best bet,
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Sounds more like the brushes or the armature in the fan motor mate. Auto elec could tell pretty quickly for you.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post