Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Just wondering

My friend who owns a ricer lancer, got done for a stop start noise violation, he's exhaust is completely stock and being fined for that is complete bs. When he argued this to the cop, the cop asked him if he wanted to take a look at the footage. While the cop didnt specifically state it, it was obvious that he was telling my friend that either he takes the noise violation or take a fine for drag racing if he wants to argue. My friend decided not to make an appeal and paid the fine. Mostly because he was afraid that the cops would use the footage to fine him for drag racing instead.
My question is, can they do that after they've written the fine for a noise violation?

bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

They are the law lol

But seriously they can book him now weeks later just post it out for drag racing
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here we go again...
Old 08-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

If he was racing, he deserves the hooning fine, and have his car confiscated. Just take the noise violation, its his way of leting you off, while still getting some revenue.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back in my much stupider days (long, long ago) I spun the wheels a bit turning right, deliberately. Gone pinged for 'cause undue noise'. That would be a blessing these days as in NSW you would be buying a bus ticket and paying for 3 months of parking at Enmore nowadays doing the same thing.

Lesson learnt though for (then) $60. Never did it again. It was their way of teaching you a lesson without throwing the book at you. Pretty good policing then - using discretion.