Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Default Victorians going to pay out our *****!!!!

Sorry but this is going to be a rant. Reading the Herald Sun this Morning and on page 4, I read that the ineviatable is going to happen, all of us driving/owning anything other than a 4cylinder are probably going to have to pay extra or be slugged extra taxes because of what we drive, and this whole carbon emission Bull@#$t. I know that some other states have higher rego for 6/8's but what a croc. There a a few people on this Forum I have noticed( actually more than a few) who own more than 1 V8. Now, my problem is that you can only drive one car at a time, and most of all a well tuned early V8 and any late model V8 more than likely produce less emissions that any clapped out 4 cylinder buring oil and running like s@%t, but these people will more than likely get bonuses because of the cars they drive on face value. I don't know how many time Ihave been in traffic and had to choke on the fumes of some s%$t box. The majority of times it is always a small car rarely have I noticed it being anything other than a 4 cylinder or the odd V6/I6.

SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
TuMor
its not a!

I see what you mean, my old man's Gen# statesman chews far less petrol than my Mums old Liberty.
I think the cops should crack down with yellows on badly running cars.
Is it Singapore that requires motors to be rebuild after x years? To keep all cars running efficiently and have lesser emissions...

...the bad thing is i know i wont be selling my v8 for anything less so really its just another money grab scheme by the government, i think most v8 owners would do the same.

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its just typical money grab from a government that has no clue how to handle money (when I say government I class them all the same both labor and liberal) Basically all governments spend $$$$ of your money catering to minority groups, but to keep them all happy they have tax the majoirty more. This is just another attempt at seeing how much more they can get from you.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Yeah in QLD you pay rego according to engine capacity/amount of cylinders
Old 09-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Yeah in QLD you pay rego according to engine capacity/amount of cylinders
Same in SA. 4cyl cars are cheaper to register.
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/fees/non_commercial.asp
Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the unfair system SA has had fo ages. Rego prices fixed to cylinder count is rediculous. I've never agreed with it.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

what next an annual fee on personalised rego plates ???????????

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
what next an annual fee on personalised rego plates ???????????
Its like that in NSW mate, been like that for afew years now.
In QLD its once off like VIC, i recently transfered my rego to QLD and i kept my personalised NSW plates the RTA can get stuffed
Old 09-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

This whole "The sky is falling" carbon emissions crap is going to bring our "lucky country" to it's knees.. Honestly!
A few facts..
1/. Australia's emissions are 1.43% of the worlds total. (a virtual p iss in a bucket)
2/. Australia plans to introduce their Carbon emissions trading scheme in 2010 (which will sky-rocket food, fuel, energy costs, and literally bankrupt thousands!)
3/. USA plans to join the carbon trading scheme in... Get THIS.. 2050!!!
4/. China & India (probably the worst offenders) have said.. "Stuff you, Our efforts to fight climate change MUST NOT come at the expense of economic growth"!!
SO... Why should WE bother?... Why should we commit to something that's ONLY effect will be a huge kick in the guts to the way we live?? :
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #10
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Probably won't be long before farmers have to pay taxes on their cows FARTING!
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #11
TZENU
XY Driv3r

: Apparently us vic's aren't paying enough....
Old 09-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
Carby

Well today it was revealed that our fuel will go up by about 6 cents a litre as this is the impost imposed on the oil companies for their Carbon Emmissions trading and of course they will pass it onto the consumer - just what we need, another tax on fuel!!

We car owners are real cash cows, most of Oz emissions come from our coal fired power stations (over 80%) - Victoria being the worst offender as they use real dirty brown coal. Gas fired powerstations arn't that much better (still carbon based). So it is this area they should be cleaning up - if we accept that Co2 emissions are our worst enemy, and the Government has, then lets p*ss off these power stations and go Nuclear - we have probably the worlds greatest source of uranium - it is a choice between two evils and at the moment we are more concerned with Co2 than Nuclear waste so nuclear it should be. We have massive desert areas to bury this waste, and probably the most stable continent regarding earthquakes - where's the problem?

At least when I'm slugged to pay for a nuclear program I know it will work -it is clean and has ZERO co2 emissions. All this emissions trading seems to be predicated on planting a stuffing tree to offset emissions - this in a drought stricken country where we barely have enough water for drinking let alone for trees!!!

We are getting done over just like Y2K and there will be all these consultants getting rich again because of Bullsh*t government policy it stinks............
Carby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #13
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Welcome to the unfair system SA has had fo ages. Rego prices fixed to cylinder count is rediculous. I've never agreed with it.

LOL..........what happens to cars that run cylinder displacement technology.........how will they regulate those cars..........????
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #14
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
LOL..........what happens to cars that run cylinder displacement technology.........how will they regulate those cars..........????
they class the ****le engine as 2.8ltr even tho it doesent have piston's.
sarech engine variable displacment.
and as you say D.O.D.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #15
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
This whole "The sky is falling" carbon emissions crap is going to bring our "lucky country" to it's knees.. Honestly!
A few facts..
1/. Australia's emissions are 1.43% of the worlds total. (a virtual p iss in a bucket)
2/. Australia plans to introduce their Carbon emissions trading scheme in 2010 (which will sky-rocket food, fuel, energy costs, and literally bankrupt thousands!)
3/. USA plans to join the carbon trading scheme in... Get THIS.. 2050!!!
4/. China & India (probably the worst offenders) have said.. "Stuff you, Our efforts to fight climate change MUST NOT come at the expense of economic growth"!!
SO... Why should WE bother?... Why should we commit to something that's ONLY effect will be a huge kick in the guts to the way we live?? :

The emissions saved by Australia destroying it's economy over this will be the equivalent of what China and india use in 28 days. :

Not to mention our Altona refinery will fold due to paying carbon tax not paid by importing fuel from over seas companys, 350 jobs lost.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #16
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool rego costs

Here in brisbane a 4 litre Falcon is $650 for 12 months and $800 for a 302 even a thousand Ks away from Bris you pay the same less $145 for pensioner rego but only 1 car per address too bad in an old ladies home I moved here in 1984 and my 302 then was $280 and I thought that was dear there are also complaints about Falcon 4.0 six is bigger than a 3.5 Range rover V8 but costs less work that out and fuel today was $164.9 litre
bye for now John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

toll road taxes, fart (carbon credit tax) big car tax, high emission tax, rego tax,petrol tax, greenhouse taxes, income tax, GST, investment taxes , what next. asteroid prevention tax!!

when are they going to realize the reason we pay income taxes , and licences , insurances etc.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #18
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVNM
Probably won't be long before farmers have to pay taxes on their cows FARTING!

Don't joke about it, the Govt tried that in NZ :
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVNM
Sorry but this is going to be a rant. Reading the Herald Sun this Morning and on page 4, I read that the ineviatable is going to happen, all of us driving/owning anything other than a 4cylinder are probably going to have to pay extra or be slugged extra taxes because of what we drive, and this whole carbon emission Bull@#$t. I know that some other states have higher rego for 6/8's but what a croc. There a a few people on this Forum I have noticed( actually more than a few) who own more than 1 V8. Now, my problem is that you can only drive one car at a time, and most of all a well tuned early V8 and any late model V8 more than likely produce less emissions that any clapped out 4 cylinder buring oil and running like s@%t, but these people will more than likely get bonuses because of the cars they drive on face value. I don't know how many time Ihave been in traffic and had to choke on the fumes of some s%$t box. The majority of times it is always a small car rarely have I noticed it being anything other than a 4 cylinder or the odd V6/I6.
The only answer you have is use your vote
visit your local member and make them listen , I fish and drive and vote , I sense a double dissolution coming on
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #20
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

If they slug me more for my 460 and my Boss 290 are they going to discount the reg on my fireblade?????

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #21
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond joe quimbie
the state has just past a puffy pant's tax
(vote quimbie)
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #22
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
(vote quimbie)
Old 09-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #23
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

I already pay extra to have my car registered, its called a diesel tax..... LOAD OF SH!T

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #24
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The emissions saved by Australia destroying it's economy over this will be the equivalent of what China and india use in 28 days. :

Not to mention our Altona refinery will fold due to paying carbon tax not paid by importing fuel from over seas companys, 350 jobs lost.
YEP.. I read that too! (the 28 day bit)... Makes it seem pretty futile eh?

Also heard mention that Alcoa at Portland contribute 25% of Vics total emissions. If they closed it, Vic then easily meets the 2010 20% saving target Rudd is insisting on. Is it worth 600 Alcoa jobs though?... I mean who kicked when Ford or GMH or South Pacific tyres sacks 600, 800 OR 1000? : It's just "progress", they tell us!! It's because "we can't compete with China", they ram down our throats!!... Damn right we CAN'T, and bring in this carbon tax crap and it puts us FURTHER behind the 8 ball!
Forget ANY chance of manufacturing or industry being viable....
Australia... The THIRD world's biggest warehouse for imported goods.
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #25
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
Apparently it was signed as am impeteus for others to follow. Clearly we have too high an opinion of ourselves, something I learned the hard way.

I fix large computer servers for a living and one day I was having a spectacular B(word) at my manager about the lack of parts a number of years ago. It was then explained to me that Australia makes up 0.4% of sales worldwide and we're lucky to get the parts we do.

So we're going to suffer due to Rudd wanting to be at the forefront of nothing. I doubt his signature on the dotted line is going to convince USA, China or India that they should follow suit. Start saving guys.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #26
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Apparently it was signed as am impeteus for others to follow. Clearly we have too high an opinion of ourselves, something I learned the hard way.

I fix large computer servers for a living and one day I was having a spectacular B(word) at my manager about the lack of parts a number of years ago. It was then explained to me that Australia makes up 0.4% of sales worldwide and we're lucky to get the parts we do.

So we're going to suffer due to Rudd wanting to be at the forefront of nothing. I doubt his signature on the dotted line is going to convince USA, China or India that they should follow suit. Start saving guys.
That very well maybe............however on a per capita basis, Australia has one of the largest pollution/ carbon emission quantities in the world. If India and China were to produce the same quantity per person.......everyone on the planet would have to wear gas masks and we would probably have a permanent global pollution cloud that would block out the sun on every nation on earth......!!!!!

Interesting times ahead...........
Old 09-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #27
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it is a joke . its just out of control i know some parts of vic the council charges people for the amount of rain water they catch in there dam. I just struggle to see how all this is justified .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #28
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
That very well maybe............however on a per capita basis, Australia has one of the largest pollution/ carbon emission quantities in the world. If India and China were to produce the same quantity per person.......everyone on the planet would have to wear gas masks and we would probably have a permanent global pollution cloud that would block out the sun on every nation on earth......!!!!!

Granted, but a large swathe of our population don't live in mud huts with no electricity.

We're barely a blip on the radar, our contribution in the whole scheme of things is meaningless but the pain will be very real for those already on the edge with mortgages rising, petrol prices rising and families to support.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #29
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP

I don't CARE about "per capita"... Read what I said!... Australia's emissions are 1.43% of the World's total!! Our entire carbon emissions would have less effect than India farting after a hot curry!
Your Australian high emission "per capita" is basically because we are (at present!) a modern civilised, independant, employed, westernised, motorised, heated, cooled, well fed, nicely clothed, comfortable population!
The reason China & India don't produce this high "per capita" IS because (At THIS stage) 90% of their population are hoofing it or riding bloody bikes!
Well guys... Get the (imported) Malvern Star's tyres pumped up, cos WE'RE next!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #30
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Granted, but a large swathe of our population don't live in mud huts with no electricity.
Exactly my point........

These people are becoming more and more affluent as oil is bringing a relatively cheap energy source to countries like India and China. They are industrialising faster than anyone thought possible........they have tasted the good life that you and I have been taking for granted for all of our lives.........they will now no longer tolerate the mud huts and the 3rd world living conditions which means we now have a relative population exceeding 2 billion that is for the 1st time seriously competing with us and the USA and Europe for the worlds most readily available energy source.............OIL

As these countries are prepared to pay more and more to ensure they keep their momentum going, we will all suffer the intolerable prices that are heading our way............the carbon emission tax is an effort to regulate our useage to ensure we all have enough clean air to breathe when these countries really start to put the hammer down on their push to expand their industries.

The irony is that we have been at the forefront of capitalism and industrialisation..............now that we have taught our neighbours how to do it.............we want to stop them because the very thing we tried to culture will be the very thing that will threaten our very existence as a society as we know it today........