Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
98fex

Default high petrol prices

Hi all we all are hurting so lets support the NO PETROL DAY on the 23th of June and show this government how much money they get from double dipping on taxes .

Old 22-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Been done before
Old 22-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98fex
Hi all we all are hurting so lets support the NO PETROL DAY on the 23th of June and show this government how much money they get from double dipping on taxes .
I'd be very happy to support it if anyone can show me how it's going to hurt anyone?. It's not that you won't buy any petrol for ever, you will still buy the same amount of fuel over the week. So everyone decides to fill up on tuesday and thursday and no-one on wednesday. Big deal, do you think all the taxes etc get transferred instantly to the gov and the oil companies anyhow?.
Old 22-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Sonik
Banned

Oh no.... Did someone receive a chain email letter?
Lets face it, we all need fuel.
Old 22-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
98fex

if enough people supported we will show them. Because the trucking fraternity is support it .
Old 22-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
if enough people supported we will show them. Because the trucking fraternity is support it .
If my XR is thirsty I will give it a drink. I didn't buy a V8 for its economy. In saying that I hope Vline don't support this, I need to get to work!
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 22-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Show them what? This idea has been floating around for years and is a total joke.

So, we all not buy petrol on a certain day.. hmmm ok, we hold out for 2 days. Right, after 3 days we are all desperate to feed our cars... if we did try to 'show them', 'they' would be smart and just increase the prices by a huge margin in the next 2 or 3 days when we need to fill up.

Yeah.. we will show them... :
Old 23-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #8
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

the only way we will show them is when it are all driving round in hydrogen, or eletric cars that dont need petrol. (even then there will be taxes on it) till then even if we skip this day, you will still need to buy fuel that week, you will still do the same amount of kms for the week, so still need the same amount of fuel

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
Old 23-05-2008, 01:38 AM   #9
black.canman
Starter Motor

yep cannot live without it but might have too try soon i guess
Old 23-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
KenLee
supercarclub.com.au

I don't buy petrol on Monday anyway.
Old 23-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #11
plext
Forum Director

In before the lock.