Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
MitchG

Default Ford Factory Tours

How does one go about getting a tour through the ford factory in campbellfield? i think now would be a great time to vist, how much does it cost? what do you see? etc...

MitchG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

good luck with it unless you know people who work in there to get you in or if your in trade school and they organise one.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

They don't really do them any more, probably only for people applying for traineeships or apprenticeships, or specially organised groups.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
MitchG

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
good luck with it unless you know people who work in there to get you in or if your in trade school and they organise one.
I have heard of large tour groups going through there on small trains?
i work for a ford dealership & i asked them, but they had limited knowledge on it which didn't help me much.
MitchG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

There is talk of them doing them again soon (now that hte new model is out and about) but theres no definates...

Id like to go on one but doubt ill ever get to, unless i talk to one of my good friends at FORD.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
mad cow
blue oval addict

im not sure if they do it , but i was lucky enough go on a tour as part of the 75th anneversary tour and it was fantastic. we got to see the first weeks production of what was (i think) the au series 2. if you are able to go i really reccomend it, perhaps if you approached ford with a group interest from these forums they may be able to accomadate a day out for all of us members.

ps we want on the little trains which was great as i hate walking...
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I heard its been ditched for cost cutting reasons, but you never know, they might start doing them again.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #8
MYT
Cruizn in my 'lane

Broadmeadows ditched their train that they used to take people on the tours over a year ago and the one at geelong is just sitting there in everyones way, so it doesn't look like they're in any hurry to take groups of any size around any longer.
MYT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

They stopped due to new model security, they do every time there's a new model coming. I'm guessing they'll start again once FG is launched.