Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Fordmuscle1965

Default just got banned from LS1

There a bit of a soft lot over there at LS1.com. They just banned me cause I had an opinion on the thread' holden make the worst 6 cyl' I'm sick to death of the hold-on boys going on about how great their V8( which is imported from uncle chev)is and how lame our V8 is. so I simply stated that holden have never produced from scratch a decent engine of there own and there all kidding themselves. BANG! Banned for 7 days! No warning nothing. Must have really hit a nerve there! These days you hardly see a commodore V8 with holden badging on it, its been replaced by the more desirable chev emblem. Theres no point going on about the sixes as we know how good fords have always been compared to the other mobs shite!

1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

04 Territory, 20's, Black, Bling
94 NC Barge, Dumped, 17's
93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
86 XF Wagon, Bull Bar, Raised, Salt Lake cruiser!
82 XE Sedan, Dumped, 15's
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Zephyr, Tubbed, 289, Simmons
65 Mustang LT Project
Old 25-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
aye you
The Origional, The Best

hahaha good
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
Old 25-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
Kil4Collingwood

Yeah they can be a little paranoid over there.
Know we have a few Holden people here who really cares.
Old 25-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
VZKOOP
Silhouette F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmuscle1965
There a bit of a soft lot over there at LS1.com. They just banned me cause I had an opinion on the thread' holden make the worst 6 cyl' I'm sick to death of the hold-on boys going on about how great their V8( which is imported from uncle chev)is and how lame our V8 is. so I simply stated that holden have never produced from scratch a decent engine of there own and there all kidding themselves. BANG! Banned for 7 days! No warning nothing. Must have really hit a nerve there! These days you hardly see a commodore V8 with holden badging on it, its been replaced by the more desirable chev emblem. Theres no point going on about the sixes as we know how good fords have always been compared to the other mobs shite!
What is your nick on the forum. I couldn't see anything worth banning - maybe the thread starter - an obvious attempt at stirring up trouble. Probably not worth a holiday just a slap on the wrist. :
Old 25-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

And this place can be just as bitchy, they have their product that they support just like our's, as off late there seems to be a lot off dribble come into this place, and to tell you the truth, if I was a mod and someone started a thread the same as you have described you did on an opposistion site, I would have banned you just the same, why do you feel you need to flame them on their soil, some people need to grow up.
Old 25-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for the update
Old 25-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
And this place can be just as bitchy, they have their product that they support just like our's, as off late there seems to be a lot off dribble come into this place, and to tell you the truth, if I was a mod and someone started a thread the same as you have described you did on an opposistion site, I would have banned you just the same, why do you feel you need to flame them on their soil, some people need to grow up.
This sums things up pretty well.
Old 25-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:

I never started the thread just said a few home truths on at least pg 4. Having a forum is all about everyone's different opinions, just because some of opinions arn't what you want to hear, grin and bear it or delete the truth maker because there stirring the pot a little bit. When It comes to growing up a grown up person would reply to the paragraph with their point of view, not behave like a spoilt child and ban the person who has their own opinion.
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Mustang LT Project
Old 25-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #9
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

A troll is a troll no matter which brand he supports, i have seen some shockers from our camp over there recently.
They are usually quite reasonable with the moderation on LS1.com

Edit: I know who you are over there now, the ban does not surprise me at all.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 25-04-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 25-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #10
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Don't shoot me but I thought the 308 was a good engine, well thats what I keep reading? The 308 is the Holden designed 5.0L, yes? As compared to the 304 or 307.

Did Ford Aus design the Falcon 6 from scratch? I thought it was derived from the American engine in the XK? And the 302C from the 351C?

Just adding perspective

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Old 25-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #11
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how do i get banned from this forum? im wasting way too much time on here!!!!

ok, turbo six falcon suck.

hows that!
Old 25-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #12
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by debacle-racing
how do i get banned from this forum? im wasting way too much time on here!!!!

ok, turbo six falcon suck.

hows that!

Be careful all the grown-ups might get all funny about an opinion
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Mustang LT Project
Old 25-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #13
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe

Edit: I know who you are over there now, the ban does not surprise me at all.

Well are they kidding themselves or what!
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Mustang LT Project
Old 25-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #14
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see no point in going over to someone eles ant hill and kicking it....

Old 25-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #15
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
I never started the thread just said a few home truths on at least pg 4. Having a forum is all about everyone's different opinions, just because some of opinions arn't what you want to hear, grin and bear it or delete the truth maker because there stirring the pot a little bit. When It comes to growing up a grown up person would reply to the paragraph with their point of view, not behave like a spoilt child and ban the person who has their own opinion.
Yes everybody has the right to an opinion, it's the opinion and how it is expressed in a mature manner that makes a good thread, not dribble like you have described in your OP, you do realise that Ford is no different to GMH(GMC) they have a parent company to which they import motors and such from, so what if Holden import the engine from GMC, and they are a chev, it is the parent company, just like FordMoCo is to Ford Aus, at the end off the day mate that is where the money comes from.
Old 25-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #16
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
Yes everybody has the right to an opinion, it's the opinion and how it is expressed in a mature manner that makes a good thread, not dribble like you have described in your OP, you do realise that Ford is no different to GMH(GMC) they have a parent company to which they import motors and such from, so what if Holden import the engine from GMC, and they are a chev, it is the parent company, just like FordMoCo is to Ford Aus, at the end off the day mate that is where the money comes from.
congratulations, you had your opinion. I may not like what you are saying but I will reply without resulting to personal insults or calling you a loser who speaks dribble. This is what a forum is all about, not MR 'of course I am' MATURE talking down to someone who's opinion is relevent to the minority. I simply stated holden hav'nt made a good local engine for more than a decade at least in the V8 and probably over 2 decades for the six. just my opinion.
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Mustang LT Project
Old 25-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #17
JG41XYGS
Banned

i'm not one to poo hoo any one brand. but i will burr up a bit if someone suggests their car is better or faster just because it is their preferred brand.

now if they list the mods they have done, the hours they've spent with a spanner in hand, well i'll judge the car on its merits not a badge.

as far as my limited knowledge and memory serves me correct, the only truly Aust ford engines are the 250 2V and the twin over head cam "Barra" 6.

however as i've stated before on the forum, if i'm wrong i'll be corrected.
Old 25-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #18
VZKOOP
Silhouette F6

Quote:
Having picked your posts now I really can't understand why they would turf you out...... I mean you wouldn't ask that stranger to leave your party when he started telling you how crap your BBQ was, would you?
Old 25-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #19
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm, depends, what was he cooking?
Old 25-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #20
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I have no hesitation supporting LS1, moderators or admins.

We both have grown in the same time frame and dealt with trolls the same way

No need for this thread.
Closed Thread