Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
kiwikid10
WHAP!!! POW!!! ZORK!!!

Angry Rolling Blockade!

Last night I had the misfortune to witness why some people should be drowned at birth! :

I was going home last night from Penrith to St Clair via the M4 motorway, as I approached the on ramp I saw 2 cars acting like gits enter the on ramp fom Penrith Panthers side of mulgoa road (For anyone who knows the area), and from the Glenmorepark/Mulgoa area a third car entered.

As I entered the M4, I noticed that the left lane was occupied by a white VL commodore (red P plate), the middle lane by a red honda integra (red P plate) who was alongside the VL, and the third lane by the other car a riced up toyota corolla (red P plate) - seeing a pattern here!

Anyway the toyota was about 200m in front of the other 2 cars and I pulled out into the 3rd lane to pass them, as I pulled out to that lane (still some 150m behind them) the integra flahed his lights a number of times. Upon this the toyota immediately hit his brakes and slowed up, ending up next to the other 2 cars. All 3 cars then slowed down to 60 kms hour line abreast across all 3 lanes. As I was behind the toyota, I was patient for about 30 second thinking that they would have their joke and move on. However they didn't so I turned on my high beams, this annoyed them.

With my high beams on I noticed that all 3 drivers were wearing the same hoddies, as were some of the passengers, the toyota driver turned his hazard lights on (WTF?) and the drove whilst giving me the finger, the passengers of the toyota also followed suit. I just kept up with the high beams which must have really annoyed them by now.

This continued until the northern road exit when a car managed to just get in front of them whilst he was merging, the guy knew something was up as he pulled away normally then slowed down, after he looked in his rear view mirror and saw the slow traffic.
Nothing he could do though. By now some other cars had caught up , but the trio were more interested in me, perhaps the high beam wasn't a good idea?
The VL moved over to box me in. This let everyone else pass on the inside lane. So I had the toyota in front of me the integra next to him and the vl next to me in the middle lane, the vl driver wasn't too please either.

Anyway they ended up getting their co-ordination wrong and I had a gap, upon seeing this I accelerated and got past the clowns, the toyota went for revenge and gave me the high beam treatment, however I have a dark (legal) tint and his high beams were weak as so I wasn;t bothered. However they tried to get in front of me again so I was forced to outrun them, I won't post my speed here for obvious reasons but I got away, it would have been easier in the Fairmont but I was in the XR6 (Au1).

The toyota then pulled off at Mamre road and the others were back in the distance, I had now missed my exit and had to go to the wallgrove road exit to get off, I had slowed back down to the leagal limit by then, however low and behold the VL decided to try to scare me by sitting on my bumper just as I reached the M7 exit, so I pulled off hoping to take them somewhere where I could lose them on the backstreets, however being poverty P platers they didn't have a tag and didn't follow me.

Now I did nothing wrong, up until they forced me to use the high beams, 60Kph on the M4 is plain dangerous, especially since they had all 3 lanes blocked, they then tried to follow and intimidate me. Lucky they all had POS cars.

This is what the hoon laws should be intended for, these guy's have no rights to hold licences, yes this does reflect badly on P platers so tough, I have now had it with them.And yes I have contacted the police as I had all 3 rego plates (I had long enought to note them down after all). I have been advised to make the complaint in person at the station after I called them this morning.

Sorry for the long post but I hate to say it the youth (I'm only 35) of today needs a good kick up the backside, in terms of their attitudes and freedoms.
I sound like my parents, I swore I would still be open to the younger generation and never think like that but, now I know better. If my son ever though about that I'd crush his car!

Bodykit: Havoc
Wheels:XR8 AUII 17's
Interior: upgraded to Ghia,rebolstered seats.
Have parts just need fitting: Territory front brakes, Police issue rear brakes,Full sound system,Alpine HU/Processors,Focal speakers,Xtant amps.

Last edited by kiwikid10; 18-04-2008 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Spell check!
Old 18-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you see it again, call the police and report it while it is happening (assuming you did it later this time). They are anti-social twerps. What they are doing is probably covered under the definition of "hooning" amd they may get a holiday from their cars.
At best they will get a quiet talking to by some angry large people in blue 'jarmies.
Old 18-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

What a bunch of morons. Shame you didn't have a passenger to capture some video of it with their number plates.

Maybe they were trying to make their own video for a YouTube upload or something.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 18-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
ltd
Force Fed Fords

And again I am reminded about how the Vatican has it all wrong regarding contraception. Tough break mate, we seem to be breeding an all new type of troglodyte, and the lawlessness of softly softly again shows its fatal flaws. Pity there wasn't a big semi around to sit on their bumpers.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 18-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Kryton

make the statement and they will probably get done for dangerous driving and or hoon laws.
as said, ring the cops when it happens next time.
Old 18-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Another good reason to get a bull bar.
Old 18-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
amen brother!
Old 18-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
jatz80
Starter Motor

Did this happen at about 4pm? If it did then I think that I saw it in my rearview mirror as I was driving near the Northern road.

I noticed someone flash their lights and when I looked behind me there was a huge gap in the traffic, which I thought was weird because the M4 is usually heaps crowded. Then there were three cars next to each other blocking traffic.
Old 18-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they were trying to intimidate you, these halfwits think its fun.

a couple of years ago i had a drama with a red p plater in an ea tailgating and hurling abuse and swerving all over the little corolla - i talked to the cops about it, they didn't really care, didn't really want to know. I am usually against hoon laws and crushing cars etc, but tools like these, i think i could make an exception - with them inside

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 18-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #10
Rob
Living the dream

That's terrible. Lucky you didnt stop, from the sounds of things they'd have probably stabbed you.

Kids these days do that. A night out on the town - drive like fools, stab people etc.. happy times.
Old 18-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #11
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Coming from the area I know exactly where you are talking about. I think I have had a run in with a couple of these twits before but on the Great Western Highway. Lets just say when they tried it on cause I beat them off from the lights they didnt have a chance against the Missus's Monty and my rather bad lack of understanding for these d!cks.
I wish I was there in my Maverick. They would have most probably took exception to my bullbar wedge up their rears with the 700 odd watts of lights(including bulllights) in their mirror.
Good thing but you got in contact with the police. One day someone will get hurt because of games like this.
Old 18-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #12
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
absolutely! or a real tank like an old volvo and ram the bastards hahaha

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 18-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #13
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same thing happened to me on the M4 heading west between Roper Road and Mamre Road about 4 years ago. Was around 10pm. We were heading to Glenmore Park to swap over my Dads' Camry (cough, it's a long story) for my GTP. There were only 2 of them, an EH Holden and early model Commodore but if you tried to pass they would weave all over the 3 lanes. I eventually faked right and then shot down the outside on the left. These clowns tried to catch me but then slowed down to harass the next guy. I thought about reporting it but we were pushed for time and had to get the GTP and head back to Pyrmont.

I understand your frustration; you just wonder about the mentality, or lack of it, in some people.
Old 18-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #14
TadKa
Wait? What?

I've had a dhead p plater sit at a green light in front of me. I gave a little toot to let them know it was green. They didn't move. then I thought well maybe somethings wrong so didnt carry on too much. Anyway as soon as it turned orange they sped off. Leaving me sitting at a red light. Morons.
Old 18-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #15
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatz80
Did this happen at about 4pm? If it did then I think that I saw it in my rearview mirror as I was driving near the Northern road.

I noticed someone flash their lights and when I looked behind me there was a huge gap in the traffic, which I thought was weird because the M4 is usually heaps crowded. Then there were three cars next to each other blocking traffic.
If this is the case, then between the two of you, you now have 2 witnesses

Building a good case here to get these punks busted

Best of luck to you both

T
Old 18-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #16
kiwikid10
WHAP!!! POW!!! ZORK!!!

Thank for the support guys,

It happens at 10.40 p.m. last night, I have made a call to the police as I stated but now I have to report it in person. I couldn't film them on my phone as It's a manual car and with these idiots I needed both hands 1 for the gear changes and I for the steering wheel.

Theres never any cops around when you need them, knowing my luck if they had been around they would have been in a speed trap in the crossover lanes set, after I had accelerated away, I would have been pulled over, and the clowns would have driven past laughing!
Bodykit: Havoc
Wheels:XR8 AUII 17's
Interior: upgraded to Ghia,rebolstered seats.
Have parts just need fitting: Territory front brakes, Police issue rear brakes,Full sound system,Alpine HU/Processors,Focal speakers,Xtant amps.
Old 18-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #17
Assassinbm

these 3 tossers boxing you in, this would fall under the catagory of "Roadrage" yes?, here a reason for the boys n Girls in Blue to follow up on.......you did feel intimidated by this action didn't you!!
Old 18-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #18
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Why doesnt this ever happen to me when im in my old crapper hilux.
Old 18-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #19
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And people wonder why we don't we don't cure cancer...

Punks in their shitboxes with nothing else to do...their heroin buzzes wore off...needed a fix of "richardhead" to get by.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 18-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #20
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

definately give a statment and their mothers should be told it is never too late for a termination
Old 18-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #21
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Yet another reason why the herd needs to be trimmed a little.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 18-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #22
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
definately give a statment and their mothers should be told it is never too late for a termination
I think the expiry for abortion is a bit before they get their licence but the sentiment is spot on.

I had two asshats try this on me on the M2 one evening - company car: 1 ;)
Old 18-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #23
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry for the long post but I hate to say it the youth (I'm only 35) of today needs a good kick up the backside, in terms of their attitudes and freedoms.
I feel the same way sometimes and I'm only 21! :

The bull bar sounds like a good idea :
Old 18-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #24
andrewts
White Car Driver

God forbid this ever happens to me. I'd happily trade paint to get out of it...
Old 18-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #25
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I'm heading to othe M4 to give them a run for their money!
Towbars when someone is tailgating you is great. Crack out the monty and we'll go huntin :
Old 18-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #26
braddyxe51
cortyboy

Same thing happend to me a few years ago coming home late night from work. Three cars One of the cars rear passander throw a thick shake onto my windscreen before I could see again I had rammed one of there car when they slammed there brake on in front of me. I know there was a set of lights comming up so I shot off up a side street. There was no way I was stopping at the lights and getting the crap smashed out of me from a bunch of d***heads. I sold the car the next weekend in fear of being spotted by them again.
Old 18-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #27
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

A nice spot light at the rear bumper so you can see while reversing is a great thing if someone is tailgating, turn that sucker on and see how close they sit to you then.
Old 18-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #28
Wally
XP Coupe

Happened to me too. I was furious when they tried to force me off the road. I went to the cops with licence plate details and picture, but they were pretty indifferent. If I had a rocket launcher that day I would have used it.
Old 18-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #29
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid10
Last night I had the misfortune to witness why some people should be drowned at birth! :

I was going home last night from Penrith to St Clair via the M4 motorway, as I approached the on ramp I saw 2 cars acting like gits enter the on ramp fom Penrith Panthers side of mulgoa road (For anyone who knows the area), and from the Glenmorepark/Mulgoa area a third car entered.

As I entered the M4, I noticed that the left lane was occupied by a white VL commodore (red P plate), the middle lane by a red honda integra (red P plate) who was alongside the VL, and the third lane by the other car a riced up toyota corolla (red P plate) - seeing a pattern here!

Anyway the toyota was about 200m in front of the other 2 cars and I pulled out into the 3rd lane to pass them, as I pulled out to that lane (still some 150m behind them) the integra flahed his lights a number of times. Upon this the toyota immediately hit his brakes and slowed up, ending up next to the other 2 cars. All 3 cars then slowed down to 60 kms hour line abreast across all 3 lanes. As I was behind the toyota, I was patient for about 30 second thinking that they would have their joke and move on. However they didn't so I turned on my high beams, this annoyed them.

With my high beams on I noticed that all 3 drivers were wearing the same hoddies, as were some of the passengers, the toyota driver turned his hazard lights on (WTF?) and the drove whilst giving me the finger, the passengers of the toyota also followed suit. I just kept up with the high beams which must have really annoyed them by now.

This continued until the northern road exit when a car managed to just get in front of them whilst he was merging, the guy knew something was up as he pulled away normally then slowed down, after he looked in his rear view mirror and saw the slow traffic.
Nothing he could do though. By now some other cars had caught up , but the trio were more interested in me, perhaps the high beam wasn't a good idea?
The VL moved over to box me in. This let everyone else pass on the inside lane. So I had the toyota in front of me the integra next to him and the vl next to me in the middle lane, the vl driver wasn't too please either.

Anyway they ended up getting their co-ordination wrong and I had a gap, upon seeing this I accelerated and got past the clowns, the toyota went for revenge and gave me the high beam treatment, however I have a dark (legal) tint and his high beams were weak as so I wasn;t bothered. However they tried to get in front of me again so I was forced to outrun them, I won't post my speed here for obvious reasons but I got away, it would have been easier in the Fairmont but I was in the XR6 (Au1).

The toyota then pulled off at Mamre road and the others were back in the distance, I had now missed my exit and had to go to the wallgrove road exit to get off, I had slowed back down to the leagal limit by then, however low and behold the VL decided to try to scare me by sitting on my bumper just as I reached the M7 exit, so I pulled off hoping to take them somewhere where I could lose them on the backstreets, however being poverty P platers they didn't have a tag and didn't follow me.

Now I did nothing wrong, up until they forced me to use the high beams, 60Kph on the M4 is plain dangerous, especially since they had all 3 lanes blocked, they then tried to follow and intimidate me. Lucky they all had POS cars.

This is what the hoon laws should be intended for, these guy's have no rights to hold licences, yes this does reflect badly on P platers so tough, I have now had it with them.And yes I have contacted the police as I had all 3 rego plates (I had long enought to note them down after all). I have been advised to make the complaint in person at the station after I called them this morning.

I sound like my parents, I swore I would still be open to the younger generation and never think like that but, now I know better. If my son ever though about that I'd crush his car!
That's terrible. I've had this happen too me too. Same , Lebs in VL's blocking and tailgating.

Truth is they have nothing better to do so they just agitate others.
Old 18-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #30
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid10
This last paragraph ruined your entire post for me. You can't stereotype that many people on the actions of 3 morons. You're getting into 'Daily Telegraph' territory if you do.
Closed Thread