Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default Hsv Ls3 317kw

according to wheel's mag hsv is to get the vett donk for the r8,
for a second lineup for the w427 gts.
unlike the w427 two hundred a year jobbie this is destend as standard equipment.

your thuoght's???

burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fantastic, plenty to choose from if your in the market for a very nice high performance aussie car.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
boss-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
unlike the w427 two hundred a year jobbie this is destend as standard equipment.

your thuoght's???
You what?
Old 24-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:

your thuoght's???
You need a spell checker.

Other than that, having a rough time deciphering what you're actually trying to say.

I've tried to work it out, R8 is getting the Vette engine for a second attempt to release a 427 GTS? But the LS1 is a Vette engine.

Now the second bit I'm not quite sure about. Destend, destined? The R8 is going to cost $200k or the old 427 was going to cost $200k a year? What's going to be standard equipment? I'd assume an engine is standard equipment in most cars.

Skip.. here Skip.. where's Sonny...?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
burnz
VFII SS UTE

the r8 will be priced as per usual, ls3 is standard equipment on all hsv.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
the r8 will be priced as per usual, ls3 is standard equipment on all hsv.
Ok, we're getting there.

LS3 standard on all HSV's but you seemed to indicate that only the R8 got the LS3 in your first post?

So does this mean they're dropping the standard Clubby?
Old 24-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe the LS3 will replace the LS2 V8s in the Clubsport, Clubsport R8, GTS, Senator, Grange etc.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Ok, we're getting there.

LS3 standard on all HSV's but you seemed to indicate that only the R8 got the LS3 in your first post?

As far as i know there is no standard clubby in the VE line up.

EDIT: Or i could be completely wrong...
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #9
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Phew - was afraid the FPV GT would be looking at going up against a 327kw HSV. Its apparently kept at 317 because they didn't want to have to rework the diff and driveline completely (according to wheels).

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
Need_a_V8

Quote:
Ok, we're getting there.

There is no standard Clubsport as said.

The following from mid April will be on sale with the 317kw LS3 6.2L V8:
Clubsport R8
Maloo R8
Grange
Senator
GTS

Then at around $125k powered by the LS7 7L V8:
W427

As said the current E series has been capped at 317kw due to driveline constraints and torque remains the same, although the torque curve is even better than on the current LS2. Expect 327-330kw with the VF update when they are able to wind the engine up.

Expect the LS3 to hang around until the next all new Commodore as it is the last of the Gen IV (along with the LS9) range of engines. Like the LS1, it has plenty of room for improvement (LS1 started at 220kw, ended at 260kw).
Need_a_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #11
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FG F6 should be capable to take it on...hopefully
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #12
Steffo
LPG > You

If MOTOR's claims of 315kW for the new FPV GT are true then... its about there.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #13
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_a_V8
There is no standard Clubsport as said.

The following from mid April will be on sale with the 317kw LS3 6.2L V8:Clubsport R8
Maloo R8
Grange
Senator
GTS

Then at around $125k powered by the LS7 7L V8:
W427

As said the current E series has been capped at 317kw due to driveline constraints and torque remains the same, although the torque curve is even better than on the current LS2. Expect 327-330kw with the VF update when they are able to wind the engine up.

Expect the LS3 to hang around until the next all new Commodore as it is the last of the Gen IV (along with the LS9) range of engines. Like the LS1, it has plenty of room for improvement (LS1 started at 220kw, ended at 260kw).
is this rock solid or a magazine rumour? if so its not what I expected apparently they would be pumping out 325ish Kw. Also if its true then the 315KW GT's shouldnt have anything to worry about in regards to getting tramped on. Funny thing is the 5.4 will create 2 KW less than the 6.2, yes I know there is more potential in it but its a bit sad for factory released cars
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 01:57 AM   #14
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_a_V8

The following from mid April will be on sale with the 317kw LS3 6.2L V8:
Clubsport R8
Maloo R8
Grange
Senator
GTS
so the Clubsport R8 will have the same Power as the GTS?
does this also mean the base model V8 is going to get an upgrade? (Omega -> SSV)
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #15
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFella
Phew - was afraid the FPV GT would be looking at going up against a 327kw HSV. Its apparently kept at 317 because they didn't want to have to rework the diff and driveline completely (according to wheels).
That's in there standard de-tuned factory set-up, they have huge amount of scope with just a tune and zorst.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 02:01 AM   #16
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is everyone certain the GT will have 315? I hope FPV at least quotes 320 .
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #17
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The LS2 in the Corvette had 300kw and the LS2 in the HSVs had 307kw.
The LS3 in the 08 Corvette has 325kw and in the HSVs will only have 317kw? Doesnt sound right to me.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 02:39 AM   #18
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
The LS3 in the 08 Corvette has 325kw and in the HSVs will only have 317kw? Doesnt sound right to me.
Quote:
As said the current E series has been capped at 317kw due to driveline constraints
What exactly these contrains are in the commo I would find interesting. The Gearbox is already all new, can we expect the 6 speed to go? Or are they referring to other aspects of the driveline?
It may also have something to do with marketing, It gives them a massive change to add in for the next series.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 03:51 AM   #19
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
299kW 542Nm in the C6 Corvette.
297kW 530Nm in the VZ HSV's.
307kW 550Nm in the VE HSV's.

The difference? Exhaust systems for each vehicle, intake setup in each vehicle. The power won't be 100% the same between three totally different vehicles. Pretty easy to figure out.

324kW 575Nm for the LS3 Corvette, by the way.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #20
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I wasn't aware they dropped the standard Clubby, seems like a huge mistake to me, but oh well.

There are plenty of modded LS1's running the standard driveline and pumping out bigger numbers without fault (even though I did have a tailshaft issue that eventually killed my diff but allowed me to install 3.91's guilt free...) so is it a case of playing it ultrasafe or is that just rumor as the reason?
Old 25-03-2008, 09:39 AM   #21
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
299kW 542Nm in the C6 Corvette.
297kW 530Nm in the VZ HSV's.
307kW 550Nm in the VE HSV's.

The difference? Exhaust systems for each vehicle, intake setup in each vehicle. The power won't be 100% the same between three totally different vehicles. Pretty easy to figure out.

324kW 575Nm for the LS3 Corvette, by the way.
297kw was measured in ECE, while 307 was measured in DIN. HSV claimed the 297 ECE was 305 DIN.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #22
EXECJIM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
297kw was measured in ECE, while 307 was measured in DIN. HSV claimed the 297 ECE was 305 DIN.

I dont know of 1 LSX/Commodore owner having that sort of power

Jim
Old 25-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #23
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I wasn't aware they dropped the standard Clubby, seems like a huge mistake to me, but oh well.

There are plenty of modded LS1's running the standard driveline and pumping out bigger numbers without fault (even though I did have a tailshaft issue that eventually killed my diff but allowed me to install 3.91's guilt free...) so is it a case of playing it ultrasafe or is that just rumor as the reason?
They really didn't drop the Clubsport, all they did was change the badge to Clubsport R8, even though its really the same thing with cloth seats etc. The VZ Clubsport R8 had leather and other extras the base Clubsport didn't have. Its just like Holden changing the name of the SV8 to SS, same thing different badge.

The April release of the LS3 sounds like a load of crap to me, because thats only a week away and yet HSV have said nothing? If they were releasing it they will spend millions to tell the world in typical Holden fashion. Why would they wait so late, when they already have a waiting list, as its not like they have to sell all the old stocks of LS2, cause there really shouldn't be many. If you ordered one right now by the time you got it, it would a few months till you get it. Surely they will wait until the series II is out in October?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #24
hypnodoc
Its All In Your Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
They really didn't drop the Clubsport, all they did was change the badge to Clubsport R8, even though its really the same thing with cloth seats etc. The VZ Clubsport R8 had leather and other extras the base Clubsport didn't have. Its just like Holden changing the name of the SV8 to SS, same thing different badge.

The April release of the LS3 sounds like a load of crap to me, because thats only a week away and yet HSV have said nothing? If they were releasing it they will spend millions to tell the world in typical Holden fashion. Why would they wait so late, when they already have a waiting list, as its not like they have to sell all the old stocks of LS2, cause there really shouldn't be many. If you ordered one right now by the time you got it, it would a few months till you get it. Surely they will wait until the series II is out in October?
It's still going to be a Chev powered sh!tbox, and there are plenty of worked and tuned xr6s and F6s out there that will slap it into place

Xtreme Tuned: 375 RwKw (502 RwHp) & 820 Nm:
Whhooooooosssssssshhhhhh
HSV HUNTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Phoons 013 and 333 Gone
hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #25
Clint Eastwood
5.4L V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnodoc
It's still going to be a Chev powered sh!tbox, and there are plenty of worked and tuned xr6s and F6s out there that will slap it into place

Thats exactly right mate,if ya dont like it mod mod mod.

A tuned f6 or blown boss will make mince meat of any factory hsv.
Clint Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #26
Need_a_V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
is this rock solid or a magazine rumour? if so its not what I expected apparently they would be pumping out 325ish Kw. Also if its true then the 315KW GT's shouldnt have anything to worry about in regards to getting tramped on. Funny thing is the 5.4 will create 2 KW less than the 6.2, yes I know there is more potential in it but its a bit sad for factory released cars
It is definite. As I said, you should see 330kw for the VF update. No need for HSV to show all their cards at once, the LS3 has a few years to last yet.
Old 25-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #27
Need_a_V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
so the Clubsport R8 will have the same Power as the GTS?
does this also mean the base model V8 is going to get an upgrade? (Omega -> SSV)
GTS will have the same power output. Rumours are that the GTS will get a slight increase with the VF series in the form of a dual mode exhaust (expect only ~5kw difference though) as seen in the W427.

AFAIK there are no plans for a Holden based power upgrade until the VF. They'll just have to cop the power deficit to Fords XR8 on the chin until then.
Old 25-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #28
Need_a_V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8

They don't have the stock to last until October. I have no doubts they were meant to, but record sales month after month for HSV have left them with nothing. The LS2 stopped production almost a year ago now.

This is counted as a running change, not series change.
Old 25-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #29
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edda bah
Thats exactly right mate,if ya dont like it mod mod mod.

A tuned f6 or blown boss will make mince meat of any factory hsv.
We could go on forever. What can blown LS do to a factory F6 or GT do? Same thing. Apples for apples. I like yourself am a Ford nut, and the reality is, having good competition from HSV is good for Ford too. Otherwise Ford would still be stuck without any performance vehicles. In other words what I'm saying is, I welcome HSV's attitude as it pushes FPV to follow suit, and vice versa. We (the fanatics and buyers) are the winners. Eg, When BA XR8 was released four years ago, it had 260kW, and with FG it will probably be the same price but with 290kW. Cheers.
Old 25-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #30
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnodoc
That I can agree with.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post