Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
Bundwah
Living the Life in Cranny

Default Insurance and Modifications

Hey everyone,

In the near future I want to turbo my EF GLi, and I was wondering what the implications for insurance are? I've got a mate who works for Shannon's who reckons he can get me a good deal, and I'm allowed any modifications I want.

I want to hear people's personal experiences regarding this issue.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundwah
Hey everyone,

In the near future I want to turbo my EF GLi, and I was wondering what the implications for insurance are? I've got a mate who works for Shannon's who reckons he can get me a good deal, and I'm allowed any modifications I want.

I want to hear people's personal experiences regarding this issue.

all insurance companies , including shannons. will not insure some vehicles and some modifications . best go to your insurance company and get the ok . and veiw thier policy regarding mods . and speak to a company employed technical representative , before you attempt such mods . everything comes into consideration . . area, age of vehicle, age of driver. daily driver, driving history . compliance , who you get when you go to insure the vehicle , and what mood they are in . etc etc etc etc , and many many more . good luck.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
Bundwah
Living the Life in Cranny

Talking

Thanks Mate,

Before doing any mods I'll talk to the insurance company.
So far I've only got a 2.5" cat back zorst. AAMI was cool about it, but budget direct knocked me back. Guess they'll only insure stockers.

I'll think I'll wait 'till I'm 30 next year before attempting any serious mods. From what I understand insurance companies are more lenient with 30+ year olds. Maybe I'll finally be considered an adult, but still won't act like one.