Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
rhysy_boi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default broke into my car the bastards!

ok pretty ****ed off right now.

went shopping last night with my girlfriend at karrinyup and after driving round the car park for 25minutes found a shop in a well lit area 50m from the doors. went in at about 7:50 came back about 9:05 to hear as i opened my door "oh babe your windows smashed"

there was glass EVERYWHERE through the car. some, if you don't mind my french, F*cker smashed my passenger side window with a crow bar or some object, pushed the whole window in and opened my glove box and my centre console and stole my set of $20 aviators and tinted safety glasses and worst of all my radar detector that was a present from my girlfriends mum only a couple of months ago. left my cd's and $5 of change.

took me a good 30 minutes to clean enough glas off the drivers seat for me to drive it home and we spent a good hour n a half this morning cleaning it as best we could. insurance are being bastards and aren't happy that we already organised to get the window and panel they dented replaced because it isn't their prefered repairer but our argument is the car isn't safe with no window as it is. also they claimed that even though they cover $1000 worth of contents they won't cover what got stolen as nothing was on the insurance as accessories of the car. also i doubt they'll cover geting it retinted as they are tight pricks and i don't think the tint was listed.

more of an *** around that i have to get it replaced today and i'm a little worried water may have got inside the car after i left it at ford.

so i'm a days worth of leave from work, $350 and a hell of alot of anger out of pocket.

first thing i do when i get my government incentive for being an apprentice is get an alarm with loud loud sirens inside so it deafens these theiving bastards.

wheres the respect for another mans car that he's put so much effort into it being the way it is?

Rhys

rhysy_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
STOK4L
Stock 4 Litre is here.

Argh i hate when this sh!t happens, sorry to hear it mate, Hope everything turns out alright with insurance.
Old 30-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who damage cars and steals ppl's belongings are the scum of the earth. Should be shot in the face... twice
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
STOK4L
Stock 4 Litre is here.

Nah thats instant death, make them suffer from torture!
Old 30-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
rhysy_boi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh well teaches me for putting off buying my alarm, will be getting an alarm fitted in january and get a whole new tint job asap.

is there a screw loose in peoples head or what? wheres the, oh that guy looks like he takes pride in his car.? not the oh that would look even better in my car SMASH

Rhys
Old 30-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #6
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Sorry to hear mate,
best of luck with it.
I have had a car broken into andhad personal stuff taken..
Its a horrible feeling...

Cheers...Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #7
rhysy_boi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers kev, saw your car in PFM, it's an awesome car...especially since it's a phantom ute like mine!
Old 30-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #8
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

These days if you leave anything in a car of any value it WILL be stolen and your window WILL be smashed to get it.

Be that GPRS/SATNAV, Mobile Phone, Wallet, Handbag, Radar Detector, briefcase etc etc

Some crims will even smash your window if they see ONLY the holder for your GPRS/SATNAV on the window as they will assume the GPRS/SATNAV unit is in the glove box or under the seat or somewhere in you car.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #9
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why would the alarm stop them from smashing the window and grabing a few bits? so it go's woo woo woo while they do it if they were conserned with noise they wouldnt have smashed it in the first place

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #10
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
why would the alarm stop them from smashing the window and grabing a few bits? so it go's woo woo woo while they do it if they were conserned with noise they wouldnt have smashed it in the first place

Bingo!!!. There is just no deterring some morons on this planet...

I have been through the same, its not a nice feeling when you heart sinks to your stomach!

hopefully insurance pulls through for you
Old 30-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #11
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

I know how you feel man had this happen to me a few years ago in my beemer. I had more than 20 cd's stolen.

It had slipped my mind but after your post i'll be going out in the next few weeks and getting an alarm for my new car now. One that has the pager so i can catch the little creeps in the act.

also selling my C.A.P.A tune box

pics of my Turbo Ghia are here
EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
T-BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #12
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a similar thing happen in 1991 radar detector change and condoms taken ozzy and black sabbath tapes left .
Caught him breaking into a mates car a week later the police came thanked us and said that he had broken into 73 cars they knew of in the last 3 months thanked me for catching him and said nothing would happen to him.
Another bloke comes into the car park started abusing (quite violently going off his brain)the girl that was with the theif as she was wearing his jacket that was stolen from his car the day before.
The female thief advised me that they would be home before I finished work as aboriginal legal aid would get her out in an hour.
The police wouldnt leave so we could fix the theives up.
The next week I am down the mall he is walking down with his pack of mates he laughs at me and I took the necessary action his friends ran away and he went very pale .
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #13
rhysy_boi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will definately look into getting a paging system installed, and definately a deafening screamer inside. if the bastards wants to key my car because i've made him deaf he can go right ahead at least i've done something to him.

if he'd of taken cd's, well i do havea part time job at that very shopping centre at a cd store but i've never driven my xr there while working.

now i've gotta spend the rest of the time i have this car pulling bits of glass out whenever i move anything like the carpets and panels for my stereo.

cheers for the support guys, i spose it could have been much worse.

Rhys
Old 30-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #14
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

atleast if i was going to break into your car id take your front seats :P

nah im sorry to hear it, that completely blows man..track them down and boot them in the back of the head
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #15
rhysy_boi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

security said if there is any footage then they can either give it to the police or if i want the can give it to me incase i know the people. although i can't think of anyone that would do it to me on purpose.

Rhys
Old 30-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #16
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you may know OF them though... take it, make a copy and give one to the cops
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Mate of mine got his CRV broken into last week too....must be the season for it...
Sorry to hear mate...might be worthing putting a word out the word to Pawn shops...they may have received a Radar detector today...
Old 30-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #18
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysy_boi
.... insurance are being bastards and aren't happy that we already organised to get the window and panel they dented replaced because it isn't their prefered repairer but our argument is the car isn't safe with no window as it is. also they claimed that even though they cover $1000 worth of contents they won't cover what got stolen as nothing was on the insurance as accessories of the car. ....Rhys

Rys,
Check your home contents policy as it's quite common for this policy to cover car contents.
Cheers,
Pedro.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #19
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysy_boi
cheers kev, saw your car in PFM, it's an awesome car...especially since it's a phantom ute like mine!
Thanks mate,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
Rys,
Check your home contents policy as it's quite common for this policy to cover car contents.
Cheers,
Pedro.

Only if it is in your driveway or on your property as far as i know.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT