The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #1
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Default The Worlds Best Kept Auto Secret

Did you know this??

I have been driving for over 30 years. One would think I would have noticed the little secret on my dash that was staring me right in the face the whole time. I didn't and I bet you probably haven't either.

Quick question, what side of car your driving is your petrol tank? (if it's not your own, Ie:borrowed or rental car) If you are anything like me, you probably can't remember right away. My solution is to uncomfortably stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look.

Well guys, I'm going to share with you my little secret, so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the petrol station or put your neck at risk of strain or injury.

If you look at your petrol guage, you will see a small icon of a petrol pump. The handle of the petrol pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left. If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo above). It is that simple!

I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!

Why don't the dealers share such important information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the Drivers Manual? I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been to, or know, has even thought of mentioning this to me? The only possible explantion can be that all these people probably don't even know!

Go out and share the worlds best kept auto secret with your friends as this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post