Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
nlfbt8

Question Planning some mods - Searching for info ...

Hey All,

My partner has an 04 LR Zetec R, and I've just spent the weekend installing the factory cruise control kit on it. All went well, and it works a treat ... I'm just kicking myself now that I didn't take photos of the process so that I could write up a guide for other people.

Now we've got the modding bug ...
We're planning on the following mods in the near future, and I'm wondering if anyone here has attempted them before, and can help with part numbers/prices/gotcha's etc ?

- Install trip computer, and indicator stalk with the info button on the tip.
- Install wiper arm with variable delay (this will need to be an ST170 part, I've found.)
- ST170 clear side indicators
- ? I'm sure there was something else ... anyone got any ideas for quick and easy mods?

Any info would be greatly appreciated ... and I'll keep this thread up to date if I work it all out myself.

Cheers ...

nlfbt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

- Install trip computer, and indicator stalk with the info button on the tip.

VERY expensive, best searching for a wrecked Focus Ghia. Works out about $400-$500. You need the computer, the left hand indicator stalf with info button and the front temp sensor at least. Also the surround around the dash. I've tried and I'm currently looking for a trip computer myself thru the wreckers. Try getting one off ebay from the UK.

- Install wiper arm with variable delay (this will need to be an ST170 part, I've found.)
Easy mod, about $45 from any Ford dealer. Plugs straight in, easier mod ever. Also fitted std to Focus Ghia models.

- ST170 clear side indicators
Easy and cheap, about $13 all up from memory including orange bulbs. The first obligatory mod for focus enthusiasts!

- ? I'm sure there was something else ... anyone got any ideas for quick and easy mods?
ST170 foglights ($300 each side)
ST170 grille ($150 I think)

Other than that, you already have the 17" rims, the bodykit, the ST170 pedals and the alloy gearknob and handbrake so you don't need much!

I'm shortly selling my Focus so if you're keen on the grille I'd do it for $100.

Beyond that, maybe a Ghia interior light might be nice also?
Old 30-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
nlfbt8

Thanks for the reply Zetec ...

Was quoted at lesat twice that amount for the variable wiper ... will have to confirm that price with them. Have you done this to yours? You wouldn't happen to have a part number, would you?! : The other thing is, the Focus Ghia's are all sedans (obviously), so in the case the windscreen stalk for them wouldn't have the "pull for rear wipe", would they? I'm guessing that's why we'd need the ST170 stalk :

I think we may be interested in the grill, if it's in good condition ... will let you know. My partner's Zetec is an Auto, so it's missing the chrome pedals. Might have a look into the the ST170 fog lamps though ... that sounds good.

Thanks again ...
Old 30-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

OK...

ST170 wiper is definitely the one you need, maybe it was $65 or maybe I'm just way off. Either way it's an easy mod, and clips straight in, works like a charm. Worth EVERY cent. Did it to mine, love it. Just did it years ago so I forget the price now! Can't help with a part number until later tonight when I get home, I'll let you know.

Grille is in mint condition on my car, it's less than 6 months old. I'll let you know as it all depends on me selling my car or not... just got a company car so I'm not sure what my decision is. Heart says keep it, head says sell it, at the moment the heart's winning.

Autos can't get chrome pedals unfortunately, although you may be able to get the chrome shifter button off an auto Ghia, worth a look. No idea on a part number but a Ford Dealer would be able to help.

Fog lamps look hot, I've got a set about to go in but not sure since a mate might take them if I sell my car... might fit them first and test them out just to see how good they look Sorry Adam...

Other than that you can fit a Peugeot rear wiper arm to the back window to get that flush look.

I'm about to do something your credit card will hate me for...

www.european-parts.net

If you don't love me by tomorrow for that link, then you're on another planet! Great prices, great service, many of us have bought parts there, unbeatable if the part isn't available here through Ford first.
Old 30-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Matt...I know you want to give me your foggies.....come be a mate....remember you can't have them turned on in sydney. I can in melb

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh and the wiper stalk is about $60

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Wiper Stalk - 98AG 17A553 DC
Old 30-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
nlfbt8

Thanks a let for the part number Zetec ... I'll price it up tomorrow. It's good to know that I'll be ordering a part that someone else has fitted successfully.

That's an interesting comment about the pedals ... I always assumed that I could just get the manual ones and not fit the clutch pedal, but of course they are a different layout / shape from the auto ones, aren't they!?

Thanks heaps for that link ... we are very interested in the dome light for the MK1 that is listed there ... apparently it includes submarine lighting as well. I wonder how difficult it would be to install?

Anyway, thanks for all your help, and you'll no doubt see either me or my partner on these forums from time to time ... we'll try to help out wherever we can!
Old 31-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The accelerator pedal should fit, it's pretty cheap actually. It comes as an entire assembly, part number to follow when I find the receipt! You just unbolt the original one and install the new assembly, easy as.

The brake I believe is a different size in the auto, thus the manual's brake pedal cover wouldn't fit but you have the option of at least the accelerator. From there, I have no idea how you'd do it but maybe european parts has something, although I'd only go down the O.E. route if possible on pedal covers, to ensure safe and correct fit.