Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
metalhead_mike

Default opinions on respray

whats the best way to go with a car that has alot of small scratches i dont think its worth a complete respray but out of curiosity how much would it cost to get the whole car resprayed its an nl fairlane metallic burgandy.?

it cant be cut and polished because apparently it just ruins the paint and i think the previous owners may have tried because a small part of the bonnet is slightly discolored. I dont really wana do a home job and just use touch up paint as it will just look like rubbish and i dont even think u can get metallic burgandy touch up paint

at the end of the day its just a 97 model fairlane as much as i love my car its not worth having thousands spent on resprays maybe i should just try not to notice the scratches and just live with it?....

metalhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Before you even think about a respray, spend the cash and send it to a good detailer. You would be suprised how big of a difference an experianced detailer can make to bringing the life back into paintwork.

If you don't believe that the car is worth a respary, don't bother. But if you love the thing and want to hang onto it for a long time, then what does it matter if its not worth it? Just my 2c...

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

A decent respray will be worth at least a few grand.

While it is possible to stuff up with a home cut & polish, whoever told you it ruins your paint is an idiot. Send it to a decent detailer and for a few hundred all up your car will look 100 times better - most of the small scratches will most likely polish out.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
metalhead_mike

the problem is finding a decent detailer in this area i dont know any at least any id trust with my car
metalhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post