Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
jjj

Default XF throttle body on e-series EF/EL falcon

just browsing through carsales.com and this bloke with a nice ELfalcon says he has fitted an XF throttle body. I have seen them fitted to vl commodores/R31 skylines with the RB30 engine, but never heard of it on a e-series falcon?

Aren't the throttle bodies nearly the same size between the xf efi and e-series?

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...tial&R=1000051

cheers....

jjj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj
just browsing through carsales.com and this bloke with a nice ELfalcon says he has fitted an XF throttle body. I have seen them fitted to vl commodores/R31 skylines with the RB30 engine, but never heard of it on a e-series falcon?

Aren't the throttle bodies nearly the same size between the xf efi and e-series?

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...tial&R=1000051

cheers....
If you zoom up on the engine bay pic it is a definately an XF throttle body. Wonder how he configured the TPS and ISC valve.

Must be running an after market ECU although he does run a chiptorque chip and the throttle cable linkage would have to change also.

Seems like alot of work for such a little gain, since the stock throttle body can handle some big power figures..

cheers...
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Throttle cable/linkage wouldn't really impact on the ECU. You depress the accelerator, the throttle opens. You release the accelerator, the throttle closes. You could dodgy it up with a BMX brake cable & you'd get the same effect.

In the VL boys' case, their stock t/b is quite a bit smaller, and on a 3.0L. When you've got an FMIC that's larger than the windscreen and and a massive snail that could be confused for a kingswood cragar rim, the larger t/b from the XF would indeed have an impact on the RB30.

As for our 4.0, the std t/b only needs to be 20% open to allow the engine to rev to 4000rpm or somewhere up there. An XF t/b might change that figure to 19% open.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
V8 Ghia
Formally ED I6

Visually they look the same size, only advantage I can see for a XF throttle body over an e-series is it has a constant circular section. However with the bends in the intake tubing and the bbm shape, I don't believe there would be any change in performance.

---------------------------
Other
93' ED 5spd 4.0L NA Fairmont
13.75 @ 101mph
V8 Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post