Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Gazza76
Starter Motor

Default Smartshield disabled

Hi All,

I have a problem with my AU 1 forte 1999 model 155,000 klm well looked after.

I went to the shops then come home, got up the next morning and went to start it and nothing, Dash lights, radio, and every thing works but when i turn the key nothing at all happens.

I get a little click from under the dash and that is it.

I replaced the battery and no difference.

Had a mechanic out and he plugged in his tool and said it says smartshield immobilizer is disabled (it is not smartlock he said it is smartshield) tested the fuel injection and nothing, shorted the starter and it works fine.

He said with the older ones there was a little box and you could just replace it but with my AU and smartshield he thinks it is all tied in with the computer and thinks i should just replace the computer with a secondhand one and that should sort it out but no Guarantee it will work.

Also when i turn the ignition on it says base then i turn it of and back on and it is normal, when all is off and the key is out a little red hand flashes on the dash.

I am on a low budget and unsure if i should go and buy the computer.

Does anyone know much about this and if there is a smartshield box or it is the computer or any other suggestions.

Any help is Appreciated
Thank you
Gary Jones

Last edited by Gazza76; 15-06-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Gazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post