Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Central Coast Storms

Just heard about the storms and flooding thats hit the central coast / newcastle area and my condolances go out to the families of those that have died or are missing.

Nathan

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #2
matsbfxr6

This weather is a shocker - Its been a hectic past few days, Power, No Power/No Phone etc. Makes you sit back and take stock of how powerful nature really is and how much we rely on day to day.
matsbfxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's eerie, because it's calm here now. (Had a 20 minute downpour this morning though)

Can't believe how many areas are affected.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
tickfordguy
TICKFORDGUY

they reckon sum homes might not get power back on till next week late i live on 5 ac at kincumber we had water every where tress across the drive way worst iv seen here in 10 years and its just started to rain again great
Old 09-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsbfxr6
....... Makes you sit back and take stock of how powerful nature really is and how much we rely on day to day.

Nah, makes you sit back and realise what a goose you are because you forgot to get new batteries for your torch, your back up generator does not work, your out of gas for your lamps/ barbeque burners/ boilers and heaters.

Ah, what a weekend i am having.
:
Old 09-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
tickfordguy
TICKFORDGUY

yeah i hear ya iv run out of gas cant get it any where sold out my wife works at erina fair and cant get candles and batteries we have power here at kincumber but was out 4 six hours friday lots of the coast is out hope it stays on
Old 09-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickfordguy
yeah i hear ya iv run out of gas cant get it any where sold out my wife works at erina fair and cant get candles and batteries we have power here at kincumber but was out 4 six hours friday lots of the coast is out hope it stays on
Im working at the Fair too, and belive me i am just dying to get away today.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Cant buy a generator anywhere :
Old 09-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
matsbfxr6

hehe, i take it all the ones at aldi are no doubt snapped up now... Even though they were only small.
matsbfxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

wooohooooo power is back on..............but my garage is flooded :

Its moping time
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just saw on the news that road collapse and an AU....didnt hear what happened to them but hope they alright

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #12
EFDream
XRR83D

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3SR
just saw on the news that road collapse and an AU....didnt hear what happened to them but hope they alright
A young family of 5 disappeared down that hole in the road and washed into the creek...late this arvo they found all 5 bodies....2 adults and 3 kids....it's a bit scary cos this happened about 4pm Friday and I live 5 minutes away. I was coming back from Sydney at about 2:30 that afternoon and when I drove over that road it was still intact....2 hours later and I could have been me...condolences to the family......

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #13
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream
A young family of 5 disappeared down that hole in the road and washed into the creek...late this arvo they found all 5 bodies....2 adults and 3 kids....it's a bit scary cos this happened about 4pm Friday and I live 5 minutes away. I was coming back from Sydney at about 2:30 that afternoon and when I drove over that road it was still intact....2 hours later and I could have been me...condolences to the family......
geez.. condolences to the family and anyone that knew them

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #14
nobbystang

As I was driving to work yesterday, Newcastle area, I heard the Bunnings ad on the radio "open all this queens birthday long weekend" Yes you will be I chuckled to myself.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #15
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the news said it was the worst storm in 30 years.. i live just north of sydney city and it was all ****** up around here too.. trees torn in half, roads covered in crap, minor flooding.. our garage was flooded
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #16
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream

My Brother and Sister-in-law that live with us .... they were friends of that family. Hasn't been a good last couple of days.

Also that section of road has been patched up due to a previous subsidance ... and not fixed properly in the first place.

Has been some minor flooding out the Hawkesbury way as well ... I had recorded 203mm of rain over the 2-3 days at home ... lucky for us though our land is sloped and there was a lot of run-off into the dam ... which is now absolutely full.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #17
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lucky for you about the dam, Sydney didn't get much in Waargamba

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #18
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I know ... I was watching BOM from home the entire time ... and it was heading over the Richmond area more than Penrith.

I am only about 45min drive from Warragamba ... it's not really that far from me though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #19
peedee

Well just got power and phone back at 3pm today went out friday 12.30 pm, have two houses next to us have had 12 inches of water in them as well as idiots in 4WD drives coming through causing 2 foot waves into house and getting all upity when you tell them rhey are D**k heads for causing more damage and even moving road closure signs, have a lot of rego numbers to give police as is a criminal offence to move barricades (see if they think its funny then) one of the neighbours his wife taken of to hospital with heart attack from having to cope with house flooding and idiots calling her names while causing more damage with vehicle wake, think because in 4wd wont affect them, had one come to grief in the gutter as our gutters are 3foot deep tried to do uturn did not know there is no kerb and guttering, stood laughing at him which got him angry but had told him not to go through but would not listen so told him his own problem when he wanted help to get it out, he wound up calling tow truck, talked to deriver as I knew him and he charged the guy $200 to pull him out.
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #20
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I missed seeing it, but the storm looked pretty good on the StormTracker at work.

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T