Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
BFYOOT

Default 1.2mil for fx holden

not sure if it has been mentioned before, apologies if so. todays paper has a bloke trying to sell his 1948 FX holden for 1.2mil. he has already been offered 900k but knocked it back. not bad for a car he paid just under 600 bucks for

BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Tell him he's dreaming
Old 04-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
fmc351
let it burn

$900k offer?, hes doing better than the GT's.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

linky here:- http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006009,00.html

I want $1.5mil for my Fairmont, will I get in the paper too

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Need_a_V8

The HRT 427 just sold for $960k... So Holdens are selling for that but not an FX. There are still enough around and in storage.
Need_a_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow an FX!! Sick man they are so cool. NOT

I dont know if it has been mentioned before but i heard a rumour the other day that someone offered 2.5mil for the Bill Bourke mobile. And know i didn't make that up.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Kryton

and what makes this one so special?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #8
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPK-250
Wow an FX!! Sick man they are so cool. NOT
Its not exactly your run of the mill FX, leather trim, passenger sunvisor (lol).

Seriously though, its got very low k's for what it is though. Its not a million dollars worth of car, but it may be a million dollars worth of history and uniqueness in condition. Reading the article linked, theres only 3 left from the first year of production, and only one with the options (options, lol) and I doubt any have low km's.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFYOOT
not sure if it has been mentioned before, apologies if so. todays paper has a bloke trying to sell his 1948 FX holden for 1.2mil. he has already been offered 900k but knocked it back. not bad for a car he paid just under 600 bucks for
Well I'd say if he was offered $900k then $1.2M would not be out of the question in the near future. At those prices the difference between $900k and $1.2M isn't a lot of money
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
KLRFRD

Only fools would pay this sort of money for these cars. Wait till we have another recession ( we will !!!! ) and then tell me these people are glad they bought car they can not use for fear of devaluation. What are these people who pay into the 100's of thousands thinking !!!!!!!.

By the way I own a 38 years old muscle car and I admit she is nice to look at but I have received some crazy offers for the old girl and I just keep thinking WHAT THE........ .

Some people must just have way too much money to spend.
KLRFRD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
GT 4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Tell him he's dreaming
lol thats gold
GT 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRFRD
Only fools would pay this sort of money for these cars. Wait till we have another recession ( we will !!!! ) and then tell me these people are glad they bought car they can not use for fear of devaluation. What are these people who pay into the 100's of thousands thinking !!!!!!!.

By the way I own a 38 years old muscle car and I admit she is nice to look at but I have received some crazy offers for the old girl and I just keep thinking WHAT THE........ .

Why do people buy boats? Plasmas? Jewelery? Suits made from a million dollar bale of wool? Because they want too and have the money.

People spending near enough $1 million dollars on cars probably already have financial advice on recessions, and understand it well enough themselves.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #13
swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRFRD

if we hit a recession.........I am willing to bet you anyone that spends 1 million on a classic car wont be effected, im sure they are well and truly set up.....and probably retired

people don't buy these cars for the investment, they buy them to own a part of history or whatever reason they want
and at the end of the day id bet my life that the depreciation percentage on that car will be a whole lot less than a BF XR8 etc

anyway im sure anyone who can shell out 1.2m for a classic car has some idea of what to do with his/her money!!!
swapper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #14
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, spend it on 3 levels of a brand new apartment building, turn it into a house inside a building with a balcony on each level inside so the window overlooking sydney harbour and the bridge is 3 levels high and also buy a Sl55 Amg and a Ferrari 550 Barchetta.. thats what.. well thats a mates dad did after he divorced.. lives off the interest in his bank account too.. lucky bastard lol
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #15
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

seriously, 9 grand is more accurate

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #16
AlbertM
Cracked Pot

And to think this 48 is only 30k's up the road from me. That's not the only collectable he has either.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #17
mrgo40rd

its a g up

Member of 'Falcon Tickford FPV Club of NSW'
www.ftf.org.au
Nolathane, Whiteline and Whiteline PLUS enhanced
car care products 1300 006 007 (keep it looking clean)
mrgo40rd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #18
red_hotxr6
Banned

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, oh lordy, pull the other one...lol :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

??? My dad just sold one for $20,000. Perfect condition too. Who would pay that much for that car? at least xy's look hot and sound good. The fx sounded like a postie bike, and the ride was crap.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #20
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mates Dad has a FX and a FJ, also a 1920s Chev...

The FX and FJ's are dailys...

$900k? WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING WHEN HE DENIED?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #21
red_hotxr6
Banned

Sounds alot like someone has been drinking a lot of IRISH COFFEE..lol
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #22
BFYOOT

ok just heard the old bugger interviewed on the radio. apparantly this one is only one of 2 or 3 currently registered with the same options his has or something. he reckons his is the only one with original paint etc too. was busy at the time so missed whole interview, but he said he has over 20 "collectable" holdens in good nick, including an xu-1 torana and a HK GTS monaro(??? not 100% on that one, may have heard wrong).
BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #23
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFYOOT
ok just heard the old bugger interviewed on the radio. apparantly this one is only one of 2 or 3 currently registered with the same options his has or something. he reckons his is the only one with original paint etc too. was busy at the time so missed whole interview, but he said he has over 20 "collectable" holdens in good nick, including an xu-1 torana and a HK GTS monaro(??? not 100% on that one, may have heard wrong).
It was on the news or something earlier, they showed a shed (barn sized) full of cars.

According to the article linked earlier, its one of only 3 left built in 1948 (first year of production), and the only one with the options , passenger sunvisor and leather trim.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #24
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

anyone willing to pay $1.2m for that car has more dollars than sense....
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #25
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Thats an expensive visor...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #26
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_ba
anyone willing to pay $1.2m for that car has more dollars than sense....
Sounds like a good car for Michael Clarke.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #27
nb_351
building the xe...

or paris hilton lol
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #28
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
It was on the news or something earlier, they showed a shed (barn sized) full of cars.

According to the article linked earlier, its one of only 3 left built in 1948 (first year of production), and the only one with the options , passenger sunvisor and leather trim.
Thats funny, my mates one has red leather seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #29
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

You guys just dont get it. Off ya go and buy the latest TupperWare offering from Ford or GMH then have a big sook when classics are fetching a good bit of coin. Its time to wake up and smell the sump oil !!!
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:57 AM   #30
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Thats funny, my mates one has red leather seats.
Is it a 1948, not 49 or any other year up to 53 when FJ came out? Are you sure its leather, not vinyl? Stuffed if I know, Im just stating whats in the articles, and on the news. Put it down to the passenger sunvisor if you like.

For all I know he'll end up selling it for 20k and just got free nationwide advertising to sell his entire collection by stating a number higher than the last over priced GT. Holden trumping Ford again in the media, with more fantasy.

I have no idea how much an FX is worth, let alone a first year run model in original condition, not rebuilt, once driven by Brocky.