Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #31
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Does anyone know Harold Scruby's number plate?
DKHED 1 :yelrotfl
IMKNOB
FKWIT 1
It could be any one of these !!!
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 01:15 AM   #32
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yellow
the cops are allowed to talk on mobiles while driving because that part of the law does not apply to them due to fact they are always checking on thing and would be pulling over a million times a day. or so what i have been told by officers
My ex SATAN in law used to have a fetish for dobing in a cop down her streat for using his phone whilst driving. The response she would get every time was "Police Officers undertake specific driving instruction under all conditions, you should not be concerned" She kept ringing everytime though. :
Old 21-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #33
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
They would need to have been reported for the same offence twice I would assume. Video footage, photographs, some sort of evidence would have to be provided otherwise.

If someone makes a statement about it, they can pursue it and attempt to get an admission from the person accused of hooning via an interview I suppose...

Many different ways for it to go... I would say it's mostly scare tactics.
Some Knob tried to rip up the old pensioners lawn down the road. They got his plates rang the cops. The dill was arrested and the car impounded. Don't know what the final outcome was. but does that count as physical evidence or a witness statement.
Old 21-03-2008, 02:03 AM   #34
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

I think our roads are over-governed!
Tonight, traverling from melbourne to midura, i spotted 9!!!!!!!!!! camera cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #35
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAForce8
Some Knob tried to rip up the old pensioners lawn down the road. They got his plates rang the cops. The dill was arrested and the car impounded. Don't know what the final outcome was. but does that count as physical evidence or a witness statement.
It sounds like half a story.

Could be he admitted to the police he did it when asked about it, maybe he is unaware of how stupid he was and still doesnt even realise he dobbed himself in. Could be the Police witnessed a second event he did and told him how he came to their attention when they pulled him over for the second event, and he now attributes all the events to the old lady.

You will not have your car impounded simply because Joe Public said you did something. There would need to be some further evidence, and/or witness testimony presented in court by a reliable witness who stands up under cross examination, not some anonymous report over a phone.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #36
IDT
Marko

Only happened last weekend. Yeah at this stage it is half a story. They arent anonymous as I was walking past as the cops were leaving the day after it happened. Thats how I found out. The police were back asking questions and told them they had the guy and his car was apparently impounded? I havent spoken to them since.
Old 21-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #37
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAForce8
The response she would get every time was "Police Officers undertake specific driving instruction under all conditions, you should not be concerned" She kept ringing everytime though. :
From that, you might think dividing attention between tasks is a skill that can be improved with training...and you'd be wrong. No-one could ever possibly give more than 100% concentration to more than one task at a time.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #38
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

so what course do i take, so i can talk on the phone and drive. (not that i don't already do it) but just for peace of mind. :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #39
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

We have had this in shepp for a while now...
I was dobbed in by my crusty old neighbour, all i got was a visit and a warning.
But...
A mate was dobbed in by an off-duty Ambo driver, for chirping 2nd and got a phone call that day telling him to bring his car to the cop-shop for impound.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #40
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
so what course do i take, so i can talk on the phone and drive. (not that i don't already do it) but just for peace of mind. :P
It's the one that teaches you how to exceed 100% of your attention devoted to a specific task. After passing, you can safely allocate 100% of your attention to driving, while your new-found excess ability to concentrate can be diverted to other tasks...like making phone calls.

BA GT-P Blueprint
Old 22-03-2008, 12:58 AM   #41
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The cops here in Adelaide (probably everywhere else too) can and will "flag" you and your car if they get enough calls/bad reports which involve you or your car. Once your flagged its pretty much constant pulling over for no reason and endless hassles. My mates uncle was a cop and used to tell us all sorts of stories along the lines of this and I too was flagged back in my younger silly days. One thing that can happen is if you clear your car of a serious defect the transport office may leave it as defected on the rego system so when cops are following you and do a rego check to them your car appears to be defected, bang on go the lights etc etc. I'll never forget the time I was driving down a one lane street (legally) when this guy in a clapped out Magna floors it right past me obviously exceeding the speed limit and driving on the other side of the road without indicating. a couple of hundred metres down I see the red and blue lights in my mirror and I getted pulled over. Instead of the cop chasing this guy down he pulls me over cause "my car is still defected" and even asks me if I knew the guy that flew right past me. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, any way what I'm trying to say is even if cops cant nab you from an anonymous tip they can keep thier eyes on you and give you a few headaches down the track
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #42
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
I was dobbed in by my crusty old neighbour, all i got was a visit and a warning.
But...
A mate was dobbed in by an off-duty Ambo driver, for chirping 2nd and got a phone call that day telling him to bring his car to the cop-shop for impound.
It throws up the question about how much faith we can put in your regular average joe to make the determination on what is hooning and what is not.

Your 80 year old grandmother sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch might see you driving by her house with a loud exhaust as hooning.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #43
IDT
Marko

The point is they get away with it we don't. When you complain they fob you off. If you keep complaining your wasting your time. Its not until some video makes it onto a current affair that anything happens. Like the cop doing the circle work a few months back.
Old 22-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #44
troppo
Mr old phart

And my point is it's a dangerous double standard. The double standard part seems self explanatory, the dangerous part is because no amount of training could possibly have an impact on the increased risks associated with talking on a phone while driving. You can't teach/train anyone to exceed their ability to concentrate.

BA GT-P Blueprint
Old 22-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #45
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troppo
I've never understood why some police seem to think the laws only apply to the general public, and not them.
It doesn't apply to Police because Road Rules don't apply to Police. I know thats the case in New South Wales. Whether it be with lights and sirens or not.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #46
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfords
It doesn't apply to Police because Road Rules don't apply to Police. I know thats the case in New South Wales. Whether it be with lights and sirens or not.
Some of the crap that gets posted on here is unbelievable. Police also don't pay tax and can leap tall buildings in a single bound.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #47
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Some of the crap that gets posted on here is unbelievable. Police also don't pay tax and can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Thanks god I am not the only one that thinks that, thanks.!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #48
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
well he'd know, he's a cop? lol
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #49
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfords
Yes, but you should also point out that police need to pass the silver driving course and learn their roadcraft before they can drive with lights and sirens, and even then they must stop at red lights before proceding through them.

The bronze driver course they do while still going through the academy only allows them to respond code blue (no lights or sirens), and they must obey all road rules.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #50
peterban
AULTD

Here's me thinking it was a good idea.

Every night in Langwarrin I hear the hoons up at the intersection doing doughnuts.

Next morning there is a lot of rubber marks on the road.

I wonder why the people who live on the intersection don't ring the hoon line !!!

I also wonder if the cars are stolen as surely you wouldn't do that to your pride and joy would you ????
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #51
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

so what do i do when i'm driving home at night, and a cop puts his lights on for the 2 seconds it takes to turn onto the street i'm on, from a side street with a red light. surely thats illegal

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #52
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
so what do i do when i'm driving home at night, and a cop puts his lights on for the 2 seconds it takes to turn onto the street i'm on, from a side street with a red light. surely thats illegal
Whats the big deal? Jealousy? Hes at work, in the work car, obviously. Its not like its a personal privilege he enjoys whenever he likes in the family car.

Talk about petty.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #53
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterban
Here's me thinking it was a good idea.

Every night in Langwarrin I hear the hoons up at the intersection doing doughnuts.

Next morning there is a lot of rubber marks on the road.

I wonder why the people who live on the intersection don't ring the hoon line !!!

I also wonder if the cars are stolen as surely you wouldn't do that to your pride and joy would you ????
If the pride and joy happens to be your typical VN commodore I doubt they would care.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #54
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Quote:
AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES - REG 305
Exemption for drivers of police vehicles
305 Exemption for drivers of police vehicles

(1) A provision of the Australian Road Rules does not apply to the driver of a police vehicle if:
(a) in the circumstances:
(i) the driver is taking reasonable care, and
(ii) it is reasonable that the provision should not apply, and
(b) if the vehicle is a motor vehicle that is moving-the vehicle is displaying a blue or red flashing light or sounding an alarm.

Note: "Motor vehicle" and "police vehicle" are defined in the dictionary.

(2) Subrule (1) (b) does not apply to the driver if, in the circumstances, it is reasonable:
(a) not to display the light or sound the alarm, or
(b) for the vehicle not to be fitted or equipped with a blue or red flashing light or an alarm.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #55
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
I was dobbed in by my crusty old neighbour, all i got was a visit and a warning. But...
Ways and means to fight this, if you care to pay. It seems with time our inhereted rights are simply 'forgotten, or ignored'. The legal scale may need re-adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_105
Your 80 year old grandmother sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch might see you driving by her house with a loud exhaust as hooning.
Truth in this; my local NSWFB was called out to a 'plane crash' by an elderly woman who saw it go down behind trees near an airstrip (Avondale, since closed).

Worked out she had seen a model RC aircraft. The callout meant $30K to the state, that being a typical cost here of a 'false event/hoax'.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #56
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i also agree on this one

if you are stupid enough to do the crime pay the time i say

i have family members that are police officers in both local and federal police

i know what sort of stuff they have to go through and sometimes it is not the best

as for the hoon side of things aff offer great track days as well as skid pan days so why not take those offers up and dont do the crap on the road

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #57
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Bring it on, I'm sick of pimply faced burnout kings playing in my street.....
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #58
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by needaXYGT
I think our roads are over-governed!
Tonight, traverling from melbourne to midura, i spotted 9!!!!!!!!!! camera cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Camera cars aren't the issue... Morons cruising the burbs sideways are...
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #59
tony302coupe

You can't see the number plate for the smoke!!!
tony302coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #60
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd love to dob some morons in around here. This one particular f wit in particular who thinks that he has to do burnouts and drive up the street at 100km/h at every given chance!
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post