Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-09-2006, 10:38 AM   #31
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good thread this. We are trying to sell our Explorer and had no luck to date. See below.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=Explorer+sale

So far I have tried the local paper, drive.com.au and tradingpost. I am now jumping on carsales to put of the advertisment.
Old 20-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #32
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc18
You've got a lot of good advice here
The only thing I can add is -
If yyou're going to sell a car , take clear , good pictures in good sunlight . They don't have to be works of art , but they should be good photos sshowing the car in it's best light
I've been looking around to buy a car , and some of the sellers have photos of cars in the shade of trees etc , and if they weren't advertising them as a Falcon you wouldn't know what they were
My attitude is prrobably the same as yours if you went out to look at a car and found that the owner hadn't bothered to wash it
" If he can't be bothered to wash it , he probably couldn't be bothered to maintain it properly "
So if I see crappy photos I go on to the next one
The car I bought 6 years ago had a decent pic - the guy had his mate detail it for the pics, but when I had a look at it it was dirty with a build up of road grime. I have since discovered it takes about a month to get it to this state. So he hadn't bothered washing it for some time. On top of that the vehicle inspection showed up a couple of things that indicated that the recent service was just that and no more - an oil change. I discovered one of the bigger issues that caused it to intermittently stall was fixed with some silicon spray on the intake butterfly by my mechanic in 2 mins. So I knocked the guy down $1300 for all this stuff.

I find sites like Carsales cover ads from a few print publications - they have a wider reach than the traditional car search methods like the Trading Post.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #33
stera

Plenty of good advice here for everybody!!

Sadly there are plenty of 'pricks' out there that dont take care of their cars as 'we' would and simply label them as means of A to B (I hate them too)!!, but Im a firm believer in karma, so generally what goes around comes around and as mentioned above, if it seems to good to be true, it normally is!!

As with most things, on the net especially, a little bit of caution is required. But generally, I feel people do the right thing!

If carsales.com.au required you to pay $1 for the owners contact details, who would or wouldnt pay the $1?? (You are guarenteed that the car is still for sale)!?
stera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #34
stera

Do I take that as a nobody??! haha !
stera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post