Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #31
rebornafordman
Starter Motor

i just spent a bucket load on windows. paid $130 for a second hand motor on one. got air con fixed too. got a bill for $770 from my local repco approved repairer. Car was back in a week later with both windows buggered again. Thank the lord for warranty work!
rebornafordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #32
peach33
Starter Motor

Default Power windows

c_royce,
just ha dthe sam eissue on my NL sitting at the drive thru, put the window down and nextr thing 'crack' just opened her up and the cable is all over the shot... You get any quick fixes from your post..?
Cheers, 'Peach'
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_royce
Hey all,

I was driving my brother's 95 'mont last night, had to wind the window halfway down, and when I tried to wind it up, it jammed and I heard a snapping sound.

So today I pulled off the door inner, and found that the wire has come loose from wherever it's attached to the window. It's a pain to get anything done inside there, and I figured this seemed to be a common problem (the jamming at least) so I hope you guys have some cheap advice.
peach33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 AM   #33
efgiar
rofl copter

if u snap a cable theres not much u can do. at calder a few weeks back my window wouldnt go up, and u cant race with ur window down, and again, stupid dry solder join *STAB* i just jammed a screwdriver in there to get it up and left it up the whole night, was one of the only ones i didnt do last time too lol

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #34
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Well, my right rear window died AGAIN yesterday. The gear is spinning on the shaft again. A few months back, I had a pin put into the gear but that has obviously snapped. I'm fed up with my windows and I must admit, my car is annoying the hell out of me at the moment. I think that window has had it. Money is very tight at the moment, so when funds permit, I will replace the whole motor.
Well, since then I replaced that motor and regulator and it hasn't had a problem. Also the car isn't annoying me anymore. There was a stage where everything seemed to break, but it's all good now.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #35
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels_au
I own an ED fairmont, my switches are ok, but I think that the motors and the cables are buggered on my back two.....? is that a common problem? as they go down but not up, they kinda jam?

without frequent use they die
Old 02-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #36
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Yeah, my front passenger has an issue, and for a while my front driver also. I've been going to pull it apart and give it a clen, so I'll follow your suggestion. Thanks for that.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #37
Kryton

both my cars have electric windows that dont work.....and i still havent been bothered even pulling the door trim off let alone anything else.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 02:02 PM   #38
peach33
Starter Motor

efgiar - unbelievable the cable didn't brake it was the $2 plastic peice that holds the cable in!! Big problem was not knowing this and trying to put the window up.....the cables have now gone hay wire and bound up inside the housing..took it off and realised it's another 'non serviceable' item that needs completely replacing. worst case is being in WA have to wait a week for a new unit..sometimes i think WA means Wait Awhile..!!! At least i know i'll have another 10 years of up & down to not worry about (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
if u snap a cable theres not much u can do. at calder a few weeks back my window wouldnt go up, and u cant race with ur window down, and again, stupid dry solder join *STAB* i just jammed a screwdriver in there to get it up and left it up the whole night, was one of the only ones i didnt do last time too lol
peach33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post