Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 17-08-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default No I am not selling this

Someone has taken it upon themselves to use my pictures to sell an item The Dok has made.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MakeTrack=true

Just letting everyone know ... this is definitely not me.
I have emailled eBay and requested that it be removed ... I am also asked the seller to remove the pictures and use a picture of their own.

Old 17-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
I6corp
Was V6corp

JC is selling it, also check the for sale section...

Cheers

mike
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
Old 17-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

thats LG.
Old 17-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Cool ... at least I now know who it is selling them ... as I have had many people asking me why I am selling them .... just would have preferred to be asked to use photos of my vehicle first ... and at least have my numberplate not used at least.

I don't mind them being used ... as long as I was asked first ... that's all.
Old 17-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez mate better be asking for a royalty since it's your car demonstrating how good those things look
Old 17-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My apologies, I have sent you a PM Mechan1k.
Old 18-08-2006, 12:30 AM   #7
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

should ask for royalties from the sale, all that distress and all
Old 18-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #8
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you need pics Lindsay, let me know, I have a few you can probably use. e
Old 18-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #9
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Someone has taken it upon themselves to use my pictures to sell an item The Dok has made.
I understand how annoying it can be Simon, there has been a seller on e-bay for a while now (@2years) who lifted (read STOLE) headlight images directly off my (old) website, hence the reason I had NEB (forum member) update it for me a while ago. I even emailed the seller & asked him to refrain from using them, to no avail, nowadays ALL my images are watermarked, e-bay don't give a toss. Hopefully in this case, no harm has been done. :
Old 18-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #10
Twincharger
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
I understand how annoying it can be Simon, there has been a seller on e-bay for a while now (@2years) who lifted (read STOLE) headlight images directly off my (old) website, hence the reason I had NEB (forum member) update it for me a while ago. I even emailed the seller & asked him to refrain from using them, to no avail, nowadays ALL my images are watermarked, e-bay don't give a toss. Hopefully in this case, no harm has been done. :
You could always report this incident to eBay and they will be dealing with this dude. First they will ask him to remove the pics and if he doesn’t then they may even cancel his account.

Or you could call your local Law Society and for a small fee their shop front solicitor will help you with this problem......

Did you put a copy right icon or mention that the contents of your site was copy righted???

AND, If I was Mechan1c, I would not be sitting on my "hands” about this issue.
If things go wrong they will come back to you first and then it is up to you to prove to them that it is not you. Very costly and time consuming.

If LG is a real and not fictional member, DUDE.... What happened to paying your fellow members the simple courtesy of first asking for their permission before you put something that does not belong to you on the net.

Building one of these headlights for your own use is one thing but trying to do business with them is another.
Forget about royalty, it would be peanuts compared to if you have to employ a solicitor and go to court.
Old 18-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #11
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Calm down Twincharger, it was a simple mistake. And maybe you should do a little reading on the term Copyright, and get off your high-horse.

I have talked to Mechan1k about it, it was my bad. He displayed photos of his car publically (with no copyright), and I thought I would use the photos to display what they look like on a car. I have seen other members post pictures of other people's to show what they are selling.. Anyway, eBay are fixing up my ad. The only reason i put it up on eBay, was because no one wanted them here. I'm only after getting what I paid for them, and even then, I wasn't expecting to get all my money back.

A Mod can close this..

Sorry for the hassle again.
Old 18-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #12
Twisted
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincharger
...If LG is a real and not fictional member...
Says the guys with 6 posts to his name to a guy with 1,700 odd. I love people who choose to righteously champion other people's causes;)

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Old 18-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
2002auxr6
Drunk!

yeah shut up twincharger, moron
Old 18-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #14
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002auxr6
: : : :
Old 18-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #15
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002auxr6
Hahahahaha : :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 18-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
Twincharger
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted
Says the guys with 6 posts to his name to a guy with 1,700 odd. I love people who choose to righteously champion other people's causes;)

If only the number of posts on a forum could indicate ones level intelligent and common courtesy……..IF ONLY…..
Old 18-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #17
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
If only the number of posts on a forum could indicate ones level intelligent and common courtesy……..IF ONLY…..
No but it does go to show that the guy is here for the long haul and not to try to rip people off.

P.S When insulting one's intellect please make sure that your own grammar is correct.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 18-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #18
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Quote:
Like i said, Moron