Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Packin up n movin to the Gold Coast..

Well, the dream has finally happened. After two years of trying, finally movin to the Gold Coast with the missus!!
Leavin country/coastal NSW and shifting to Carrara in Queensland. The missus got a promotion to branch manager of the new BCU credit union at Bundall and me , well Ive just resigned and takin the big gamble and going for the ride.
So in 4 weeks its pack up and go, then try and get a jobbie in the first few weeks so I dont have GE knockin on the door to take the AU. Least Ill be near a few more of you guys an actually find a Ford club thats local LOL.

rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
promina

plenty of workshops at the coast
promina is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
willow 1
GT "BOSS 302" BUILD#581

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
Well, the dream has finally happened. After two years of trying, finally movin to the Gold Coast with the missus!!
Leavin country/coastal NSW and shifting to Carrara in Queensland. The missus got a promotion to branch manager of the new BCU credit union at Bundall and me , well Ive just resigned and takin the big gamble and going for the ride.
So in 4 weeks its pack up and go, then try and get a jobbie in the first few weeks so I dont have GE knockin on the door to take the AU. Least Ill be near a few more of you guys an actually find a Ford club thats local LOL.
Mate you will luv the coast we lived at palm beach for 9 years and now live up north CENTRAL QLD.Long for the day that we return!!!Cheers.
TINT,K&N FILTER
YELLA TERRA TWIN PLANUM
PACEMAKER HEADERS
SPORTS EXHAUST...
JOHN BOWE RIMS - REAR 19X9.5 FRONT - 19X8.5...
willow 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL yeah im hopin on getting a job with a workshop or a dealership, have got some experience in that sort of thing but round where I am now theres not much opportunity to do that..
Even if I have to do supermarket work (had 4 and a half years of it already!!) for a few months till something else comes up.
Old 16-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What experiance do you have, any trade certificates. We may be able to help find something for your. What's your age also, if you don't mind me asking....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #6
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im 23, havent got any trade certificates, had work experience with detailing and car sales etc. Was hoping to try and get into something auto related, from my mates at the local ford dealer ive got a fair idea how to run a service department that sort of thing. Plus Ive done traineeships in Retail Supervision Cert 3 and well am basically qualified to run any retail store. Hell if you can organise part of a supermarket a t christmas you can handle anything lol
Old 16-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #7
cookie
BEER I NEED BEER

nice to see you comming this way the coast is aursome you guys will have great fun i been down here for nearly 2 years now, we will have to all meet up somewhere still dont have many mates down here
Old 16-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like a plan cookie, ill try and organise a aff get together or a cruise when im settled in up there, be good to get something going like the melbourne guys do
Old 16-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck moving to the Gold Coast.. You will both love it for sure...

It won't take you long to find something down that way...

Put feelers out as soon as you get there and remember to look on Seek..

Safe and happy moving..

Edit: You both would be more than welcome (that actually goes for anyone else too) to join in with the AFF meets that are being held and organised...

Check these out and if you are interested pop your name down .. hope to see you at an Event real soon...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=55352

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=56070

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=56022
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #10
TCK-098

Rayner,

Me and my missus are moving up to brisbane in november simular type of reasons workwise and ive had enough of the cost of living in sydney.
Old 16-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #11
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Good luck moving to the Gold Coast.. You will both love it for sure...

It won't take you long to find something down that way...

Put feelers out as soon as you get there and remember to look on Seek..

Safe and happy moving..

Edit: You both would be more than welcome (that actually goes for anyone else too) to join in with the AFF meets that are being held and organised...

Check these out and if you are interested pop your name down .. hope to see you at an Event real soon...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=55352

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=56070

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=56022
Im soo used to looking for NSW meets Ive never looked at the QLD ones, dont worry you can count mein as soon as IM up there!!
Old 16-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #12
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
Im soo used to looking for NSW meets Ive never looked at the QLD ones, dont worry you can count mein as soon as IM up there!!
Awesome... look forward to adding you guys to the list and hope others will be inspired to join in too after maybe reading this e

**never miss an opportunity :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2006, 12:43 AM   #13
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mates dad is like loans manager at BCU macksville. Good luck with the move man.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post