Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-06-2006, 04:20 AM   #1
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default idleing and suspension bush questions

hello guys
yes another idle thread

i have a 6 cyl au series 1 fairlane
and on idle it fluctuates about the width of a line up and down at around the 800rpm ish mark
is this normal for the I6 series 1s?

also if i give her a rev it revs fast then makes a fluttering type noise as it comes back down is this normal and also takes a while to rev down

also if i give it a slight push the revs go upto 1100 then wait there for a minute then comes back down to 800rpm ish is this normal?

next bunch of Qs are regarding bushes

i was inspecting my rear end (of my car you sicko : ) and the upper and lower control arm bushes are very cracked and not so healthy looking

What sort of dollar figure am i looking at to get these replaced?
Should i go nolathane or rubber?
can i do it my self and are any special tools needed?
the ellery manual says it needs pressing out

thanks guys you have been a HUGE help!!

Old 20-06-2006, 07:50 AM   #2
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

All your idle questions are the same as mine. I always thought it strange how it takes so long to drop back after a rev. As for the bushes l know that the fronts are easy to change as l done mine about 6 months ago but when looking at the rear irs set up it looked to be a proffessionals job as they do look like a press out job. I believe you can buy full kits but they are around 4-500 dollars a set. I would go just std rubber as the nolathane i put in the front are noisy as and will be changing them back to rubber on my next brake pad change. Its very embarrising when your new car sounds like an old valiant coming down the road.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

On a side note l got some king super lows for your rear for 25 bucks if you want em???
Old 20-06-2006, 08:07 AM   #4
james22
With da Warlords

Its preety normal on the standard I6's to have a slightly fluctuating idle, the ISC BPA is continually overcompensating resulting in the fluctuation of about +/- 70rpm.
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers for the quick and useful replys guys

ill definatly take em providing postage isnt rediculous
how much is postage to morayfield 4506 AU-MUSTD?

did you go upto LOWS due to putting LPG in?
Old 20-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

Yeah when l put the lpg on it dropped to start looking like it was sagging at the rear which most seem to like but l prefer it to sit nice and level. Lifted dit by about 30 mm and it's back level again. I'll check out postage but it might cost a bit. I thought you might be from vic but i'll let you know.