Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Default Remote Key Teaching?

Hey all i have a spare key for my au2,got off ebay with some photocopied instructions on how to "remote key teach".
Has anyone every done it and was there any dramas? I dont want to re-code my 3 keys and find out none of them work after i try it.

StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Do a search.... plenty of threads aboot this!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

This procedure on how to program a 3rd or 4th key etc is in the users manual glovebox handbook. It works , but you at least need 2 keys to start with ( 2 original seperatelly coded keys ). If you only had 1 key originally then you need do get a second key coded by ford to perform the 'extra keys' procedure. It is possible to get a duplicate made of the first key ( code copyed from 1st key too ) - but with a duplicate key/id code you can not program/code extra keys using the method stated in the users manual glovebox handbook eg ( the 2 keys still only register as 1 key ).

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Sorry guys i didnt mean the KEY i meant the remote to unlock and lock doors etc.My mistake.
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also in your users manual.. Very easy procedure and I didn't stuff it up. Go step by step and you'll be fine
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yep, done it plenty of times, and no probs each time - it involves meltiple presses of the demister button, etc, so as long as the procedure you have a photocopy of includes that, it is the right procedure.

If you really stuff it up, you can always lock the door with the KEY (not the remote, the actual key).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTC2R
Also in your users manual.. Very easy procedure and I didn't stuff it up. Go step by step and you'll be fine
I've done it too. Very easy procedure, all in the manual.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #8
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just a quick question...how much did you pay for the remotes? mine has just about had it and i am looking at getting 2 new ones..
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #9
mash
Starter Motor

I paid about $90 from ford abou10 months ago.
mash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Wow, you can get them for around $30 off ebay.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #11
ziggee

Just out of interest, what if like me you bought a 2nd hander, and it came with no manual.

I have been thinking of buying one, or getting a PDF(If one can be found).

If i was to buy one, what would you suggest, I have bought the "gregory's" version's for other cars before @ Kmart... but not sure if that would be of help, might ebay it and find out... can you buy these from ford directly "original".

Ps... Its cold down here, and I hit the dimister button all the time, hope I dont reprogram it by mistake!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #12
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no, to reprogram it this is what the owners manual says;

turn the key to accessories, press the demister button 3 times within 5 seconds (i had to press it more than 3, just press it really fast), the locks will cycle to tell you that its in learning mode, then press the door lock button on ALL of the remotes you want to use.

When you go into the cycle it erases any remotes currently stored, so make sure u press them all. After each one the locks will cycle. Then turn the key off and they will cycle once more. Thats all there is to it.

You can buy remotes from ford - $85 i got a quote today. Or you can buy second hand ones from ebay for about $40 including postage anywhere in aus, im getting one of these soon.
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #13
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just as bodes-sh has posted, here it is word for word out of the owners manual.

To Train Keypads

Switch the ignition from the off (0) to accessory (I) position

Old keypads are removed from the system memory during the training procedure. Ensure all keypads are available to be retrained at the same time.

Press the rear window demister button 3 times within 5 seconds. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the system is in learn mode.

Press the “doors” button on each of the keypads in turn. Turn the ignition OFF. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the keypad is trained.

Very simple procedure
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #14
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

so easy , i can do it , and thats saying HEAPS !

Cheers
Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #15
OldManGhia

When I bought my AUI it only had one remote key. My old man has an EF which he had two remotes. I have a set of his keys (for emergencies) and this set had the second remote. Because I had the set I re-programmed the remote to my AU. Re-programming the remote didn't overwrite the original settings and now this remote opens both his car and mine. Dammed inconvenient now cause when I go to his place for a visit and lock the AU it unlocks his EF.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #16
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU98C-Wagon
When I bought my AUI it only had one remote key. My old man has an EF which he had two remotes. I have a set of his keys (for emergencies) and this set had the second remote. Because I had the set I re-programmed the remote to my AU. Re-programming the remote didn't overwrite the original settings and now this remote opens both his car and mine. Dammed inconvenient now cause when I go to his place for a visit and lock the AU it unlocks his EF.

Remove/disconnect the small battery inside the remote , then reconnect it and reprogram it for your AU. Removing the battery out of the remote wipes previous codes .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post