Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-08-2021, 09:30 AM   #31
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Worth taking advantage of crazy car market?

I paid just on 45k for my GT(a couple of months before Covid) have been offered mid 50k for it.Just insane prices.
Old 21-08-2021, 12:07 AM   #32
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OP if it was your Dad's, then yours, keep it. You know it, you know it's history and they literally are not making any more of them.

Anecdote: when BAII or BF XR6 was new, I had one as a hire car and was working western SA. Every time it was usually a Commodore, but I fought on this occasion to get the Falcon. Vixen Red. Spoiler and sports rims. Looked the part. Every small town I had a site in, people would come out to stare as if I were a rock star. I didn't understand this at first, all this attention for a humble Ford? But the car had presence and I came to realise the power of a red XR6. Got it to 8.4 economy with foot and a little better with cruise.

It was late summer and my survey run was behind schedule, I was left with little time to make it past Port Augusta and back down to Adelaide for the flight out to the next state. I worked out I'd need to go into naughty speed to make it... The weather was unsettled in the late afternoon, and a completely enormous thunderstorm developed, coming cross-ways across the highway from the north, trying to buffet the car sideways as it sped back. The car knew time was of the essence, it was glued to the road and the motor found some more intent. The red of the dry dirt, the smell of the rain, the lightning - and this magic red XR6. One of the best memories of my old surveying career.
Old 15-10-2021, 08:20 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Are we actually seeing an increase in values, or is it because of inflation and your dollar is just worth less?

Debt to GDP ratio has increased since the government started throwing spondoolies around which it raised by selling bonds.

Try buy something ex China from AliExpress and notice all the prices have risen significantly

I reckon it's inflation rather than everyone's cars massively increasing in value, your dollar just doesn't buy as much, trouble on the horizon for the Australian Peso?
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: