Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2021, 09:20 PM   #1
leesa

Default Re: Covid 19 -

One of the things covid has made obvious (to me at least) is the decline of empathy. There is a significant percentage of the population who basically feel like they shouldn't be affected/inconvenienced in any way if they're pretty sure they won't themselves die from it. No concern for others in their family, their communities or their workplace. Why should they be inconvenienced so as to protect someone else? That's not their problem etc.
It doesn't end with covid either, they'll carry those same feelings into every aspect of their lives. Good times.

Old 23-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #2
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
One of the things covid has made obvious (to me at least) is the decline of empathy. There is a significant percentage of the population who basically feel like they shouldn't be affected/inconvenienced in any way if they're pretty sure they won't themselves die from it. No concern for others in their family, their communities or their workplace. Why should they be inconvenienced so as to protect someone else? That's not their problem etc.
It doesn't end with covid either, they'll carry those same feelings into every aspect of their lives. Good times.
Spot on! I work with a couple dudes who are like this and think the virus is one big joke, also have a look at the protesters as of late with their attitude to the virus.
Now you know why it has been in the media with people having second thoughts of taking the vaccine.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:00 PM   #3
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
I'll put my hand up here and say that I have noticed a decline in empathy from myself towards some people. Namely, these anti-lockdown, "freedom" protestors, anti-vaxxer, anti-covid, etc, etc, groups that arose during the pandemic. I've never had such hatred towards people - as I now have towards these people.

I personally know quite a few people who belong to these various groups of morons. I knew them before the pandemic. I was sort of ok with them before the pandemic. But now, I just cannot stand being around them. Despise them even. They **** me to tears, and I totally do not give a **** about them anymore.

Sorry, just being honest.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2021, 11:16 PM   #4
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I'll put my hand up here and say that I have noticed a decline in empathy from myself towards some people. Namely, these anti-lockdown, "freedom" protestors, anti-vaxxer, anti-covid, etc, etc, groups that arose during the pandemic. I've never had such hatred towards people - as I now have towards these people.

I personally know quite a few people who belong to these various groups of morons. I knew them before the pandemic. I was sort of ok with them before the pandemic. But now, I just cannot stand being around them. Despise them even. They **** me to tears, and I totally do not give a **** about them anymore.

Sorry, just being honest.
Nah I would not go that far as hating them as everyone is entitled to their own opinion; free world, Just like religion you either believe in god or not.
Cheers.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2021, 09:43 PM   #5
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Nah I would not go that far as hating them as everyone is entitled to their own opinion; free world, Just like religion you either believe in god or not.
Cheers.
Agree Orificemanager. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm allowed to voice mine. Free world. Move right along.
Old 24-02-2021, 10:04 PM   #6
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Agree Orificemanager. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm allowed to voice mine. Free world. Move right along.
Don't get too angry with hate otherwise you will be a very bitter person.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:30 PM   #7
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When the leaders we elect to look after our interests require empathy coaching from consultants, what hope does the rest of society have? Serious.

Quote:
Ditto. At the start of the pandemic having too much empathy towards these people gave me mental health issues. Then I lost my patience and feel much better for it. Should I feel bad? Nope.

Last edited by T3rminator; 23-02-2021 at 11:43 PM.
Closed Thread