Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Default supercharged xr8

have just fitted a stage 2 vortech to my ba xr8, going for a custom tune on monday can anyone give me some insight as to what injectors to use and should i change the 8 psi pulley to a 10 any other info on how to set it up for max hp would be appreciated.

capa xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

What area are you in dude
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
capa xr8
Starter Motor

dalby qld bout 2 hours west of brisbane
Old 22-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

l would let the tuner decide on what injectors to use and also what pulley as well....
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa xr8
dalby qld bout 2 hours west of brisbane
Well, with the SC that'll be 15 mins west of Brisbane
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
l would let the tuner decide on what injectors to use and also what pulley as well....

i just wanted some idea so i wasnt going there without a clue wouldnt like to be led up the wrong path
Old 22-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
XRQTOR
Banned

I have a stage 3 kit fitted to my xr8 with an extrenal pump and bigger injector's, don't ask what size tho.

Leave the 8lb pulley on esp if it's not cooled, are you running the water injection kit.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #8
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
i just wanted some idea so i wasnt going there without a clue wouldnt like to be led up the wrong path
How much power do you want to make, are you planning on adding a cooler down the track or not. The harder you spin that little v2 the hotter the air intake temps will be.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #9
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
I have a stage 3 kit fitted to my xr8 with an extrenal pump and bigger injector's, don't ask what size tho.

Leave the 8lb pulley on esp if it's not cooled, are you running the water injection kit.
yes to water injection,done some research on water injection everything i read says to inject between the s/c and throttle body mine goes in before s/c what your thoughts
Old 22-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
have just fitted a stage 2 vortech to my ba xr8, going for a custom tune on monday can anyone give me some insight as to what injectors to use and should i change the 8 psi pulley to a 10 any other info on how to set it up for max hp would be appreciated.
max power: 10 psi pulley with 42 pound injectors and extra fuel pump.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #11
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Quote:
How much power do you want to make, are you planning on adding a cooler down the track or not. The harder you spin that little v2 the hotter the air intake temps will be.

thought around 450 hp at the tyres would be nice if possible,
Old 22-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #12
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
yes to water injection,done some research on water injection everything i read says to inject between the s/c and throttle body mine goes in before s/c what your thoughts
Hmmm i can't think of any reasons why it shouldn't be done that way although im sure there is a reason why they inject it after the blower. This is my first blown car so im still fairly new myself.

I would inject the water after the blower, going throught the blower itself it'd turn to vapour to quickly as the blower gets really hot. Coming in after will have a much better chance at cooling the air.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:23 PM   #13
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hmmm i can't think of any reasons why it shouldn't be done that way although im sure there is a reason why they inject it after the blower. This is my first blown car so im still fairly new myself.

I would inject the water after the blower, going throught the blower itself it'd turn to vapour to quickly as the blower gets really hot. Coming in after will have a much better chance at cooling the air.
that would be what i would think to,have you heard of using 50/50 water methanol for better cooling
Old 22-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #14
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
thought around 450 hp at the tyres would be nice if possible,
I have a baby (Rich as hell) tune in my car atm and it's running around 34orwkw @9lb's. I think you won't have a problem with making the power but retaining that figure once heat soak sets in will be the big issue. Once they get hot they drop power, i know a guy who ran a non intercooled kit on his car and he said that was it's biggest downfall.

Any other mods on the car???.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #15
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Quote:
I have a baby (Rich as hell) tune in my car atm and it's running around 34orwkw @9lb's. I think you won't have a problem with making the power but retaining that figure once heat soak sets in will be the big issue. Once they get hot they drop power, i know a guy who ran a non intercooled kit on his car and he said that was it's biggest downfall.

Any other mods on the car???.
just cat back exhaust for now. i was thinking of underdrive pulley not sure.what other mods have you done
Old 22-03-2006, 11:33 PM   #16
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
that would be what i would think to,have you heard of using 50/50 water methanol for better cooling
Who installed the kit and why was the injection put infront of the blower, it couldn't be that hard to plumb the feed line and injector into the intake after the blower.

Yes i have and thats what it's supposed to do, im trying to find more info on it myself as im intrested in injecting pure meth on my race tune to keep the engine alive till i get aq built engine in.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #17
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Redcliffe dyno are about 20-30min north of brisbane. They can tune it and give you all the info you need. they also give discount for forums mebers so maybe give them a call and let them know your a forums member.

this link has some info on redcliffe dyno's supercharged BA XR8 ute

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=40603

Cheers Ben
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 11:38 PM   #18
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
just cat back exhaust for now. i was thinking of underdrive pulley not sure.what other mods have you done
Forget the pulley's and put a set of header's on. You'll get a much bigger gain with the header's.

I have Di Fillippo 1 3/4" header's and dual 3" exhaust with quad tips, fuel pump and injector's and a xtreme clutch.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:39 PM   #19
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Quote:
Who installed the kit and why was the injection put infront of the blower, it couldn't be that hard to plumb the feed line and injector into the intake after the blower.

Yes i have and thats what it's supposed to do, im trying to find more info on it myself as im intrested in injecting pure meth on my race tune to keep the engine alive till i get aq built engine in.
i installed it, that is where capa say to put it.should have done research before putting it there.i think i will change it.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #20
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFIwindsor
Redcliffe dyno are about 20-30min north of brisbane. They can tune it and give you all the info you need. they also give discount for forums mebers so maybe give them a call and let them know your a forums member.

Cheers Ben
I'm not sure if RDP tune with the sct edit, they run their own computer's on their kits.

Iv'e spoken with steve and he's more than helpfull and will point you in the right direction.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #21
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFIwindsor

Cheers Ben
thats where im taking it.just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were.thanks for the link
Old 22-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #22
pks54
Ford Power To The People

Quote:
Hi capa xr8,
Sounds like you did this all yourself. What trouble, or should I say how hard is it to install. This next question might also sound stupid... but it also soounds like the motor is running at the present without ECU edit. Is this correct?
pks54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #23
XRQTOR
Banned

Just got told my injectors are

Bosch Green Tops
42lbs/hr
Old 23-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #24
capa xr8
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pks54
Hi capa xr8,
Sounds like you did this all yourself. What trouble, or should I say how hard is it to install. This next question might also sound stupid... but it also soounds like the motor is running at the present without ECU edit. Is this correct?
not to difficult if you are mechanicaly minded,layed it out fri night checked to see if everything was there had it running by bout 6 saturday,yes is running without edit no problems.
Old 23-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #25
pks54
Ford Power To The People

thanx capaxr8.
dont know what path to take yet. im thinking of the cheaper powerdyne unit as im not after that many horses. Not a Mechanic, however many years ago have stripped cars and motors to bits and reassemble them. However im very lazy these days and don't want to tackle a big job, but by the sound of things you put it together pretty quickly. Im suprised that it will still run on stock tune, obviously a tune will be mandatory.
pks54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #26
BLKFPV
true blue from "The BOG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
max power: 10 psi pulley with 42 pound injectors and extra fuel pump.....
and an intercooler

in full tune, a 4.6L Cobra we fitted a Vortech to was making 380rwkw ... de-tuned to about 330rwkw until we edit it (soon : )

at 10psi don't be tempted to raise the rev limit ... open the motor up first and strengthen and then go to 6500 with some confidence

".... where having a FORD is all that matters"

not a 10sec car but a 2008 Bathurst 12 hour Race Car

(03) 9720 4448
to email click here
www.thebog.com.au

11/176 Canterbury Road BAYSWATER
BLKFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post