Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Anyone feel like a Jolly Rogers Run??

Hey Peoples,

Sometime soon, I'd like to go for a run to that Grotto of E series secrets they call Jolly Rogers. I want to hopefully find a Fairmont or XR or even Futura and steal its two low and high dual note Fiamm Brand Horns to put on the Fiesta.

My fiesta came with just the stock Single (high) note horn, same as XT GLi Forte etc..

I sourced a low note horn off an EF XR6 from Niko that dirty parts peddler, however its a little to low when they are connected up together. I'm using it at the moment, however that and the stock high note horn don't sound right together.

So what I want to do is to get rid totally of whats on the car now and replace it with a full EF EL falcon (or even AU or BA it doesnt matter), dual note horn set up that came off the SAME car. That way I know that they will sound right together.

Anyone feel like coming with me? It may be next week or so but yeah I'm in no rush, but I'd like some eseries mates to come with me as they know the joint, and It would be good to catch up with yiz all.

Any takers??

-Danny

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

Danny you damn thieving scum LOL!!! I might be up for it if I'm not doing anything. It's annoying though, they don't group them by make and model any more.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

G'day Danny, a couple of points.

A friend with an '01 Suzuki found a late '80s Camry horn was exactly the same as his stock one except a different pitch. There was even a mounting place and wiring. Talk about easy - you might get lucky also.

As far as E series ones go, I understand there is a screw with which you can adjust their pitch. Therefore any 2 horns off any cars could be made workable.

As for JRs, I have a few decisions to sort out before I'm ready to get ripped again. ;)
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
As for JRs, I have a few decisions to sort out before I'm ready to get ripped again. ;)
you mustnt "shop" right.....you dont get ripped when you go to JR's, you rip them
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
G'day Danny, a couple of points.

A friend with an '01 Suzuki found a late '80s Camry horn was exactly the same as his stock one except a different pitch. There was even a mounting place and wiring. Talk about easy - you might get lucky also.

As far as E series ones go, I understand there is a screw with which you can adjust their pitch. Therefore any 2 horns off any cars could be made workable.

Oooh, Time to go and have a looky. Be back soon.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
NZ
~~~

Quote:

There isnt. All you get is one horn at 500hz the other at 600hz
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Danny, whats the connector on the stock horn look like? same as a falcon one?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #8
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
There isnt. All you get is one horn at 500hz the other at 600hz
Cheers for the correction. That's 3rd party information for you.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:26 PM   #9
Damo
Banned

you seem to cop the incorrect info a lot John F. :P

Hahah @ thread WTF Danny, are you feeling a bit horny! (someone had to say it) Stuff going to a dodgy wrecker to catch up with you, just come on an e-series meet mate. No excuses.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #10
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Danny, whats the connector on the stock horn look like? same as a falcon one?
No, falcon horn has 2 connectors Neg and Pos. Fiesta stock one had just one connector. I couldnt work it out.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #11
NZ
~~~

the fiesta horn is probably grounded.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post