Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Default Manual conversion finished!!!

Hey guys, finished converting my auto to a manual..... WHAT A JOB!!! i cant believe what a difference it makes in all round power!!!! all i need now is an LSD. Just one question tho if anyone knows. My thermo fans wont turn off. i found some info that says to bridge out two terminals of the plug that checks the oil temp in the auto with a resistor but they still wont turn off..... anyone know how to solve this problem?

any help would be gratefull.

El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
335JET
@jas_23_

behind the front passenger headlight, in front of the airbox, in the engine bay, there will be 3 relays inside a black box, these control the thermo fans, perhaps you have a faulty relay(relay contacts may be stuck). when you open the black box it will look like there should be 4 relays but there will be only 3 as the Ef's came with 4 and EL's came with 3.
this is all i can think of that could be the problem. and good luck finding the problem.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
old_mate
Smash the Boost

are u running the auto ECU? If so, from memory, the ECU isnt seeing a trans temp. indication and hence is defaulting to running the fans flat out in case things are boiling. Or its something else totally lol. Someone smart on here will post soon

oh and BTW can u tell me how u wired in your reverse lights? im about to do the same conversion to my EL but i also bought a manual xr6 ecu

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
are u running the auto ECU? If so, from memory, the ECU isnt seeing a trans temp. indication and hence is defaulting to running the fans flat out in case things are boiling. Or its something else totally lol. Someone smart on here will post soon

oh and BTW can u tell me how u wired in your reverse lights? im about to do the same conversion to my EL but i also bought a manual xr6 ecu
I am running an auto ecu. i got a print out off ford mods, and it told me to bridge out 2 pins in the trans temp plug with a from memory is a 1.7k ohm resistor, did this and still didnt work. Altho, i think my plug and the plug in the pic are differant as the 2 top pins are mising on the drawing.

One of my brothers mates wired the reverse lights so i dont know exactly, ill see if i can find out for you.
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post