Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
freeo75
Starter Motor

Default rallydesign.co.uk my advice AVOID!

Bought some bumperettes and a silicon hose kit from this mob

1. Hose kit doesn't come with top hose to suit Australian 2L, despite advertised as RS2000. Can't help with a hose :(

2. Bumperettes came with the attachment points in the vertical not horizontal - they didn't respond to the email with the pictures

3. We will get you the best postage they said - commit to the purchase with this agreement. Postage cost 100 pound - larger and heavier boxes from burtons and motorsport tools 50 and 60 pounds respectively

Not Happy with the service or costs, anyone else suffered at the hands of these muppets???
freeo75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 11:39 PM   #2
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: rallydesign.co.uk my advice AVOID!

been great for me
how does the top hose not fit?
JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
freeo75
Starter Motor

Shame I just bought a brand new radiator but I have since researched radiators and there appears two different versions available see links.

I have the Aussie one, where the top hose is 80-100mm from the edge. I'm presuming that the UK hose kits fit the radiator in the second link with the top connection right at the edge.

Is that what mk1 radiators are like normally, I don't think it is?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HIGH-PER-...item3aaca1ea74

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hi-perf-A...item1e96e450d0

Hope that explains it well enough
Geoff
Old 20-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

mine's like the top one
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #5
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

thanks for the heads up though. I'll learn from your mistake when I get new hoses.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
freeo75
Starter Motor

20150717_154049[1].jpg

20150717_154110[1].jpg

20150717_154058[1].jpg

Hope these help too! I've only shown the hose typr that is closest to ours and I think fits the radiator I've shown. There is also another type of radiator/hose combination in the UK where the radiator outlet turns 90 degrees before the hose goes on.