Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #1
XR6 Freek

Smile Stock (or close to it) EL/EF XR6 Best 1/4 mile Times

Hello all new to this forum and just wondering whats the fastest EF/EL XR6 times that use have done, or seen done. What modifications?, also if it was an Auto or a Manual.

Thanks.

XR6 Freek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 01:34 AM   #2
Macostar

hey buddy
ive done 15.0 its a manual el xr6 just a exhaust so far
Macostar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
JG3282
Awake after dark

Stock EL GLi auto ran 16.0 sec/89 mph

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #4
stiddy
Banned

whats the power output of a EL XR6 compared to an AU XR6? arent they both 164kw and 366nm of torque?

dunno if it helps, but AU XR6 5 speed, cat back 3inch exhaust, 3in mandrel intake, and a 14.9@92mph
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #5
efgiar
rofl copter

mine ran 16.5 at heathcote in 31 degree heat, 4 speed auto 3.45 lsd, tickford gear. not good enough i say! the xf next to me ran 19's!

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
whats the power output of a EL XR6 compared to an AU XR6? arent they both 164kw and 366nm of torque?

dunno if it helps, but AU XR6 5 speed, cat back 3inch exhaust, 3in mandrel intake, and a 14.9@92mph
The EL XR6 was 164kw while the AU was anywhere up to 172kw, depending on the engine you chose, i think the standard AU XR6 was 164kw ?