Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #31
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fpv gt or f6 please help

Buy a GS, they are basically the same after a tune (minus brembos) and you can mock it up as a sleeper XR6 till your allowed to drive it. Won't get hassled as much from the authorities and will have a much more powerful car at less cost.

If I had of bought something that powerful when I was 18 I probably would of of put it into a tree but each to there own.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #32
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No man should ever use the words 'premature', no matter what the context!

LOL
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Out of the two, I'd go for a manual F6, without even thinking twice. You can't beat that mid range torque rush characteristic of turbo Falcons.

But really, you're still young. If I were in your position, I would buy a clean, manual AU XR6 VCT and save the rest; why put all that money in a heavily depreciating asset. If 335 kw scares you, maybe it might be better starting off with 172. An AU still feels plenty fast, especially due to plenty of ow down torque and a throttle which if you stare at hard enough, will get you moving. As well as this, you'll be less likely to cop abuse for driving a flash car on your P's (plenty of inconsiderate bastards will be willing to key your car).
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #34
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gt

nyuibtctc
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 05:06 PM   #35
Adams408
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
gt

nyuibtctc
Hi all just saw this thread. I owned a sunburst gt with those kms about 7000. If it had private plates SUNBURST on it then that was mine. Reason I sold it and got a new 2012 gt at the time was it got stolen and pretty beat up on. Resprayed the car both sides. Never for the black right where the number plate screws on. Stolen from my home in Baldivis. Xmas 2012.
Adams408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post