Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #31
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sly Buggers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
Nearly ran over a pedestrian texting on phone with earphones on, walked straight out in front of me crossing against the walk man.
If this trend continues we are are going to see a big increase in deaths/injuries from inattentive pedestrians.

A news article the other day quoted a 40% increase in students being struck by cars walking to and from school and the gist of the story was that motorists are still speeding. I wonder if they factored in the headphone/earplug wearing and the mobile phone screen watching increase in students as a potential cause for at least 50% of that increase?
Old 22-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #32
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been saying that for awhile now.
They are everywhere, standing less than a metre from moving traffic completely oblivious as to whats happening around them.
Give yourself some chance for godsake.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Re: pedestrians and phones....our friend Harold Scruby has been rather quiet on the subject.
Old 23-10-2014, 02:19 AM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Re: pedestrians and phones....our friend Harold Scruby has been rather quiet on the subject.
Please GasO dont wake him up.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:13 AM   #35
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

By the way - I hit a call from the RMS the other day and the women who called said it was nothing to do with the RMS and her guess was something to do with Google and Streetview.

I'm sure she's telling the true about not being involved with RMS but the Google thing got me thinking. You know on Google Maps it's got that traffic level overlay? Like green for clear, orange for mildly congested and red for heavily congested? Maybe this is how they determine levels of congestion, because every vehicle would have at least one device broadcasting a signal so it's certainly a quick way to gauge how busy it is. Of course they wouldn't do it everyday, but take a data sample over a few weeks or so and then maybe that's what they use.

Anyway, I haven't looked up how Google work their traffic monitoring so it's just a theory that came to mind (I have used the word 'maybe' a few times!).

Otherwise, hopefully it puts to peace the ideas of being a Government revenue raiser.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #36
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im a rep whos on the road ALL day. I see all the time stationary cars at the lights with the driver looking directly into their lap texting, saw some chick today in a convertible with the phone upto her ear, this beauty and the geek type, seemed to forget that her car HAS NO ROOF,HAS NO WINDOWS,WE CAN STILL SEE YOU!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz