Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
WifesFocus
Starter Motor

Default Broken Fuel Hinge

First post on this forum. My wife's 2006 Ford Focus CL (Sedan) has had the hinge snap where her fuel door is. Can anyone please advise what part I need to replace the whole assembly? Also does anyone have any instructions on fixing this part. I have attached an image to show what is broken.

I have started looking through the forum but have not come up with anything yet. I did find this thread from a seperate forum, but not sure if would apply or not as it does look to be for a different focus

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...d.php?t=314215

http://myfordfocus.com/how-to/fueldoor.htm

WifesFocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
WifesFocus
Starter Motor

Default Re: Broken Fuel Hinge

Ignore the white marks, that's just from the tape holding it in place (the central locking still works) but this will loosen every time the car is unlocked.
Old 15-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
irwazza
Wazza, FTF Vice President

Just replaced my wife's fuel door and had to buy the complete mechanism on a 2010 focus. Is cheaper to buy from a wrecker. To remove the one in the car I used 2 flathead screw drivers and priored the the broken one out then disconnected the wiring plug from the old one then put the new one in. You can also change the plastic door it will slide off.
irwazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
WifesFocus
Starter Motor

Thanks but I did all of this yesterday. I bought the part new from Ford and then figured it out using the links I previously posted. Only difference was that there was no screws on the outside and managed to do it all within about 1.5 hours.