Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default rebel body kit,few questions!

Are genuine rebel body kits ford stamped or were they outsourced and have other manufacturers markings?
Ive seen lately rebel rear bumpers which are all yellow on the inside,one ive seen for sale on gumtree,one is fitted to my s3 220 and the one fitted to a red rebel i looked at today,all yellow on the inside.
Id like to know if my rear bumper and skirts are genuine, and if there are markings where are they so i can check?
Mine has stainless mesh screwed to the bumper just like the genuine one i saw today,almost like the grill on a te50.
Can anyone with a rebel confirm this for me please.
Cheers

STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: rebel body kit,few questions!

I can't remember stamps but my AUII side skirts I got were a light yellow. My Rebal rear was a copy made in fibre glass. I can't recall reading someone makeing a plastic copy of the Rebel kit.

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Stupid question,was your copy bar yellow?
My bar feels almost like plastic,fibreglass isnt too flexible is it?
Ive never actuelly felt a fibreglass bar before.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Are genuine rebel body kits ford stamped or were they outsourced and have other manufacturers markings?
Ive seen lately rebel rear bumpers which are all yellow on the inside,one ive seen for sale on gumtree,one is fitted to my s3 220 and the one fitted to a red rebel i looked at today,all yellow on the inside.
Id like to know if my rear bumper and skirts are genuine, and if there are markings where are they so i can check?
Mine has stainless mesh screwed to the bumper just like the genuine one i saw today,almost like the grill on a te50.
Can anyone with a rebel confirm this for me please.
Cheers
C2R made the rebel plastic bumpers. They should be stamped with their brand somewhere, and yellow plastic is what they were made from.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Stupid question,was your copy bar yellow?
My bar feels almost like plastic,fibreglass isnt too flexible is it?
Ive never actuelly felt a fibreglass bar before.
I saw the car it came off at the wreaker (Macarthur Auto Parts) and its definelty plastic to look at to feel, not thin fibre glass like my rear bar (But I new that ) You should be able to 'see' the fibre glass from the non pained side mine was easy to spot on the rear bar
Same u don't have a photo. The plastic would also be heavier than fibreglass
Just my thoughts anyway
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 02-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

What JC said is always correct
(Even if he doesn't own an AU)
UK
(At the moment )
Old 02-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Thanks for the great info UK and JC,maybe the car i looked at today was a faker,my wife just did an insurance quote online and it didnt come up as a rebel when we put in the rego number,the insurance company we used actually list a rebel as an xr8 option to choose from too,mmmm the mind boggles!!!
I wasnt keen on the car i looked at today,bit too rough for me,also i have no idea how to tell a real rebel from a faker lol
Its for sale on gumtree perth for $8500.
Id really love to hear from someone with a genuine rebel.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Genuine rebel was pretty much just rear bar, front bar extension, different skirts, 18" unique 7 spoke rebel wheels - the rebel kit was a "cost" option for AU2, and standard on AU3 (the AU2 style kit was an NCO on the AU3s).

If it's an AU3 XR8 you're looking at (late 2001 - 2002), it will more than likely be a Rebel body kit. It wasn't badged as rebel, because the Rebel option was really only AU2 and included the 18"rebel wheels; it's just that the Rebel kit became standard on AU3 with the 17" wheels so it may not come up on insurance as a rebel simply because it's an AU3.

Hope that makes sense.

Some more reading (from the old FPV site):
http://web.archive.org/web/200507171...?link_id=4.131
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Last edited by JC; 02-06-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:23 PM   #9
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

I got mine (a 220 XR8) based on very good paper trail provided by the seller. I hate to say it but I got mine for just over $6,000 off gumtree with a little wheeler dealing (started at $8,400).
Do you have the gumtree link so we can have a look?
UK
PS JC you lurker..
Old 02-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #10
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Is this it??

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rocki...001/1047991093
??
UK
Old 02-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

If that is it, it's a rebel. Right body kit, right wheels. But even if it didn't come from factory like that and someone has made a faker, it doesn't really matter since they've gone to a lot of expense to get it looking like that.

I'm not sure about the limit of 125 Rebels; I think the owner may be getting confused with the STs (which were the XR6 version of the Rebel - same kit, wheels etc but 6 cylinder engine, and only made in 4 colours).

***Edit*** have confirmed that only 125 AU S2 Rebels were made - Narooma, Silhouette and Venom were the only colours offered.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11201337

Nice car but, and we all know the red ones go faster.

Last edited by JC; 02-06-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #12
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Well said JC
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...y.php?cat=2399
This is in the AU site broucher scan section on the Rebel
UK
Old 03-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #13
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Yeah thats the red rocket i went to look at today UK,it had lots of silicone around the sump plug,dent above the drivers door handle,couple of decent scratches on the drivers side rear door,bumpers didnt quite fit right on front and back,boot,bonnet and roof all prety weathered with severe spider webbing in paint,steering wheel was cocked to one side,exhaust was a manta twin with pipes welded in the mufflers to make it literally straight through... and sounded absolutely poo,also it seemed to jump in and out of lockup at cruise,maybe the s6 is dicky? oh and the brakes squealed the whole test drive lol.
Good from afar but far from good.
Good to know about all s3 getting the rebel bar and skirts standard,pretty stoked about that.
I still think the speedline 18 inch rebel wheels are the best looking au wheels ever made!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #14
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just can't resist the allure of an AU V8 hey STINKY?
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #15
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTTLEDUP View Post
Just can't resist the allure of an AU V8 hey STINKY?
Almost like those deadly sirens of the sea calling sailors to their untimely death
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #16
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

The rebel kits are yellow underneath, the body kit on my sons xr6 st is yellow under the blueprint paint, stone chips are showing this !
That's a nice looking rebel too
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
shyun

All the rebel body kits I've seen have pelican parts printed on the back, along with a ford logo. Rebel, havoc, C2R and S3 'ford racing kit' are all the same parts.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2014, 02:01 AM   #18
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
hey guys this bloke has dropped the price on the rebel to 7 grand!
It needs money spent on it but i still think its a good buy for those bucks.
If i hadnt have already bought my s3 220 id buy this and fix it up real nice!