Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default warning to all turbo owners

a guy got his fingers burnt due to a seller (www.rapidsystems.com.au)

referance at

http://www.fordmods.com/ford-turbo-s...s-t126599.html

whilst page is still up

mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
ms700
Big Member

Default Re: warning to all turbo owners

suprise suprise

Tuned by GENTECH 567rwkw/760rwhp

BA XR6T Tuned by GENTECH 349rwkw.

2013 H/D Nightrod Special - DynoJet PowerVision tuned.
ms700 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-04-2014, 03:22 AM   #3
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not entirely sure their "return/exchange" policy is in line with consumer law.
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2014, 03:57 AM   #4
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

http://fordforums.com.au/showpost.ph...2&postcount=92

Time did tell, it seems.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2014, 06:54 AM   #5
strik9
aka fpv747

i got burnt 9k from a performance shop in brisbane. paid upfront and started to get stuffed around with the parts are coming bs only to turn up and hes packed up shop and ripped everyone off. i was lucky i act took my car out the week before.

not to mention this is after getting hole burnt through a piston in another f6 from dodgy tuning. just starting out in the turbo world back then not knowing it was crappy tuning. so cost of a new engine there. then it blew a head gasket from crappy tuning.

some people of read my posts and find me very straight up and rubbish unknown shops and you pay for what you get attitude . this is why
. there is even some shops that have a good rep that are utter thieves also do shoddy work promise the world deliver crap. i went through them all over brisbane with the exception of one shop they are all crap. ( bayside performance , james does nice work he wont give you the extra 10rwkw but he will give you bomb proof safe tune)

in saying that i,ve had my car in melbourne waiting for an new forged engine to be build waited 4 mths for these pistons to turn up(eta on pistons was two weeks at the time), they never did (20k) of my money he had . i told him to kit it out without the engine send it back and he charged me the 20k and also found out they he used my car without permission for a seminar and snapped the tail shaft he didnt even tell me. i heard from a tuner at the seminar, when i rang him asked hows my car he said its great no problems coming along. so i kept quizzing him then i said i know about the tailshaft . he said sorry i should have told you. this is one of the top shops. ( i should have consumer affairs this fast talking know it all) i won't name and shame this guy because i act believe i may be an isolated incident .

moral of story never pay upfront, always research who you use. and even then your rolling the dice
this is why i send my cars to sydney
bloody scum out there.

Last edited by strik9; 22-04-2014 at 07:05 AM.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #6
rdmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by strik9 View Post
i got burnt 9k from a performance shop in brisbane. paid upfront and started to get stuffed around with the parts are coming bs only to turn up and hes packed up shop and ripped everyone off. i was lucky i act took my car out the week before.

not to mention this is after getting hole burnt through a piston in another f6 from dodgy tuning. just starting out in the turbo world back then not knowing it was crappy tuning. so cost of a new engine there. then it blew a head gasket from crappy tuning.

some people of read my posts and find me very straight up and rubbish unknown shops and you pay for what you get attitude . this is why
. there is even some shops that have a good rep that are utter thieves also do shoddy work promise the world deliver crap. i went through them all over brisbane with the exception of one shop they are all crap. ( bayside performance , james does nice work he wont give you the extra 10rwkw but he will give you bomb proof safe tune)

in saying that i,ve had my car in melbourne waiting for an new forged engine to be build waited 4 mths for these pistons to turn up(eta on pistons was two weeks at the time), they never did (20k) of my money he had . i told him to kit it out without the engine send it back and he charged me the 20k and also found out they he used my car without permission for a seminar and snapped the tail shaft he didnt even tell me. i heard from a tuner at the seminar, when i rang him asked hows my car he said its great no problems coming along. so i kept quizzing him then i said i know about the tailshaft . he said sorry i should have told you. this is one of the top shops. ( i should have consumer affairs this fast talking know it all) i won't name and shame this guy because i act believe i may be an isolated incident .

moral of story never pay upfront, always research who you use. and even then your rolling the dice
this is why i send my cars to sydney
bloody scum out there.
I'm amazed you haven't gone crazy after those misadventures. Must be a very calm personality. Very sobering reading. Think I'll stay factory stock for life.
rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #7
strik9
aka fpv747

no i went crazy over it, but a few good experiences since the memories fade it was about 5 years ago. the solution autotech engineering.

i,m getting my hsv done by a mob in qld and even though its not a big job . i,m crapping my pants . but they have all the runs on the board and great service so far and have been there as long as i can remember and are walkinshaw dealers. so fingers crossed. least i can check in on it, they are local.
Old 22-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
damo6
turbo pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by strik9 View Post

let me guess? wouldnt be a certain bloke that was at redcliffe? now in the states doing the same to them over there,the guys (his old crew whom he ripped off as well) at RDP are still copping flak over his mess. if its him that is?
Old 22-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo6 View Post
let me guess? wouldnt be a certain bloke that was at redcliffe? now in the states doing the same to them over there,the guys (his old crew whom he ripped off as well) at RDP are still copping flak over his mess. if its him that is?
lol old Flog on.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #10
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Always the same story with Rapidsystems. I had to use fair trading also.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #11
gozzaxr6t

In my opinion, whoever has been scammed or wrongly done by seriously, like the stories above, should be named and shamed. We spend big bucks on modifying cars and trusting these people with our prized possessions.

Dodgy workmanship and scammers dont deserve our business or money. I read these stories and cant beleive how calm some of you guys are. If i was in the position of getting slammed 10 - 20 k, I dont even want to say what id be doing.
gozzaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Interesting read, customer service and honesty should be priority for businesses that want repeat customers and good word of mouth. Especially on these cars, as everyone tends to recommend what they used/ got their car tuned if the job was satisfactory.
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #13
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozzaxr6t View Post
In my opinion, whoever has been scammed or wrongly done by seriously, like the stories above, should be named and shamed. We spend big bucks on modifying cars and trusting these people with our prized possessions.

Dodgy workmanship and scammers dont deserve our business or money. I read these stories and cant beleive how calm some of you guys are. If i was in the position of getting slammed 10 - 20 k, I dont even want to say what id be doing.
first thing that comes to mind is a free trip to hospital . but you cant go round breaking the law either. problem is paying up front before works done. you do it with interstate things and not think. when spiro did my f6 i told him my story and my expectations i had if i was sending him my car. and he stuck to every one of them, even to the point i asked for a short turn around which i totally thought was,nt going to happen. but he did the deadline and kept me informed the whole way to the point of ringing late at night when the car was finished.

my biggest regret was the toss in melb, he had my car for 4 mths and did nothing waiting for pistons. and sold my dream of a 600kw car coming home and my 20k . he had my brand new f6 longer than i had it. this was after i thought i learnt my lesson and sent my car to a top shop down there.

the good ones make you forget all the ********* out there. so again when people hear things like this on the forum regarding rapid. stay the f#%k away from them

Last edited by strik9; 22-04-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 22-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #14
damo6
turbo pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa View Post
lol old Flog on.
haha! how'd ya guess!
happen to see the result one of his so called "tunes" one day. a bf mk2 xr8 sitting in powertorques workshop minus an engine which was across the road at PLR getting some cylinders sleeved because the idiot grenaded the engine pumping too much nitrous into it.the owner was there and told me it was flog ons work. LMAO.. without upsetting the owner more than he already was.. hope the mafia goes after him over there the useless robbing bastard.
as for finding good workshops i usually research the **** out of them before i go near them
Old 22-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #15
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Good workshops have good reputations for a reason. I have only ever heard questionable transactions with Rapid Systems.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #16
chriso89

+1 for 'be careful where you buy hardware from' especially from the shop in question in this thread.
Vertini magic Concaves 19x8.5 fronts 19x9.5 rears.
PW S1 cooler kit, Plazmaman T/Side intake+Battery Relocate, 4" Exhaust, Injectors, V-Springs, eBoost2, custom tune + ZF Tune.
-------------------------
-PREVIOUS-
N/A 2010 FG XR6 ute in EGO.
Atomic Stage 4 Cams + Valve Springs.
Full XFORCE 2.5" Exhaust.
Full Custom Tune - 167.2 RWKW
chriso89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #17
commonrails

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozzaxr6t View Post
Unfortunately 99.999% of these people get away with it and this is why corruption and scamming is so rife in our country. Especially white collar crime, scam and steal then if your unlucky enough to get caught well then you just resign and there is no accountability for your actions. Job well done money in bank, house reno'ed and fully paid holiday, no one cares move on to the next job and no I not taking about polies here.
commonrails is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #18
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ It's not like they beat you up & steal your money.
Just that they don't do the right thing, steal your money & wear out your patience & then make you want to extract vengeance & even consider violence at the extremes.
Best to let the law take it's toll tho it does take it's time & way too many victims.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #19
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo6 View Post
haha! how'd ya guess!
happen to see the result one of his so called "tunes" one day. a bf mk2 xr8 sitting in powertorques workshop minus an engine which was across the road at PLR getting some cylinders sleeved because the idiot grenaded the engine pumping too much nitrous into it.the owner was there and told me it was flog ons work. LMAO.. without upsetting the owner more than he already was.. hope the mafia goes after him over there the useless robbing bastard.
as for finding good workshops i usually research the **** out of them before i go near them

O/T but Speaking of flog on, looks like he's blowing up Camaros now. lol

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7595945
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
Old 23-04-2014, 11:58 PM   #20
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Lol.... ol' flog and the RDP saga is even more epic then the Besanko gearboxing episode.

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #21
chriso89

Just to clarify for people not in the know - RDP here in brisbane are A top notch workshop and have no affiliation with 'flog on'. Don't want people to think they are.
Vertini magic Concaves 19x8.5 fronts 19x9.5 rears.
PW S1 cooler kit, Plazmaman T/Side intake+Battery Relocate, 4" Exhaust, Injectors, V-Springs, eBoost2, custom tune + ZF Tune.
-------------------------
-PREVIOUS-
N/A 2010 FG XR6 ute in EGO.
Atomic Stage 4 Cams + Valve Springs.
Full XFORCE 2.5" Exhaust.
Full Custom Tune - 167.2 RWKW
chriso89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #22
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriso89 View Post
Just to clarify for people not in the know - RDP here in brisbane are A top notch workshop and have no affiliation with 'flog on'. Don't want people to think they are.
Yeabh that's a fair point.
"Flog on" that we're referencing flogged off to the USA leaving his crew with his mess.

RDP now is a reputable and great quality workshop without the worlds biggest flog running it.

Google dynosteve if your curious and want a laugh.

Apologies for the further o/t everyone.

-- Factory Manual