Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #121
79FordEsky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The new VF commodore tv commercial.

I just saw my first one in the local supermarket car park it was a calais and looked pretty good for a quick look. It was in a gold colour.

My Survivor 1 owner XC Wagon
Check it Out
79FordEsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #122
Struggo

"Cars have become smaller, quieter, VANILLA" @ 1:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UC9qnjOUjss

Side Note: Lansvale Holden have around seven VF's on display. These cars look far better in the flesh.
Struggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #123
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351 View Post
Exactly. Great ad? Yes. But let's not be under any illusion that Holden are breezing through as opposed to Ford.

This is typical GM/Holden. Spend, spend, spend. I'm still proud that Ford was the only one of the big 3 not needing a bail out.

Old thread I know but, I like correcting things. lol here goes....

Ford Got The Largest Government Bailout In History

May 16, 2009 in Uncategorized

Ford Motor Company brags about not taking a government bailout. But this is as deceptive as their advertising about “good quality.” Ford had quality that was an international disgrace. They hired Dr. W . Edwards Deming, a renowned quality expert to help them build quality cars. But he walked out in disgust and called top management at Ford “the worst he had ever seen.”
Then Ford paid Toyota consultants to advise them on building quality vehicles. But this took time. Years, in fact. People were being burned to death in rear end collisions in Fords. People were being run over by defective Ford transmissions. American car buyers were abandoning Ford in droves to purchase reliable, quality cars, such as Toyotas, Hondas, and VWs. Ford showrooms were empty, they were packed with inventory they could not sell, and Toyota and VW dealers were simply taking orders. At one point there was a two month wait to buy a VW. Ford Motor Company became the only corporation in history to be charged with reckless homicide.
Then the government issued the largest recall in automotive history to Ford Motor Company, recalling 23,000,000 vehicles for defective transmissions that killed 200 people and injured more than 1400. We were just pulling out of a severe recession, and President Reagan had just been sworn in.
The CEO of Ford went to Reagan and said if you make us recall virtually every Ford on the road, we will have to file bankruptcy. No company can withstand the recall and repair of 23,000,000 vehicles.
President Reagan did not want to go down in history as the president who took down Ford Motor Company. At the time it looked like Chrysler would also file bankruptcy. Reagan revoked the authority of the federal government to issue mandatory recalls. They could issue “safety advisories” but not recalls. Instead, Ford agreed to mail out, via U.S. Mail, 23,000,000 stickers to put on Ford dashboards warning people that the transmissions in their cars could cause injury or death.
I worked at the transmission plant that made many of the faulty transmissions, with the full knowledge of top management at Ford. When people were burned to death and killed by cars jumping into reverse, I decided to one day write a book about how those transmissions were made, and how Ford runs auto plants. A Savage Factory is now on the market. I am amused, but hardly surprised, that Ford continues to be one of the most deceptive American corporations by bragging about not taking a government bailout, when, in fact they would have been bankrupt 35 years ago if the government had not ignored horrible deaths and injuries and bailed out Ford from its own incompetent management.

Anyhoo...moving along.
Forden Holford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #124
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While we're 'correcting' things you might want to read this, its a more accurate representation of tale you're trying to tell.

http://www.fordification.com/tech/auto-trans_recall.htm
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #125
BHDOGS
Banned

Yeh anyhoo move along right of the forums with your bullshit
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #126
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Hardly a bailout when they didn't receive a cent of government money.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #127
deadfish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Hardly a bailout when they didn't receive a cent of government money.
Loosing a forced recall to gain voluntary safety rework is a bailout when the government knew ford would die... Might not have been money issued. But money saved
deadfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #128
commonrails

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB View Post
I can see a bunch of Chev grilles being fitted to them though.... "But it is a Chevrolet, the ad says so..."
I fail to see the reasoning behind the chev badge on the commodore, I've asked some work mates why they have it and you get the answer it's a gm blah blah it's a 350 chev. I then say are you not proud of the history of holden or being a holden fan/owner then, being that it used to be and Australian owned company before becoming a subsidiary of GM and now are fully integrated? that gets most of them going. Don't forget most of them also have the southern cross on the back window and say they are patriotic, straya!
commonrails is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post