Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #31
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
They havn't failed at doing their job. Get behind the wheel of one and you'll actually find they've done a fantastic job - its a very nice car to drive..

I never said that Mitsu had failed at making a good car. They have failed to appeal to the masses, to make an appealing, and eye catching car that people want to own. and I agree with what was said at the top of the page, Mitsu borrowed too heavily on the US galant to have taken the challenge (to design a "make or break" car) seriosuly.

Ford took the BA seriously. People were lining up for BA's months before they even were in showrooms. That is what i feel is a successful make or break car.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #32
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

It maybe a nice car to drive but its no better then a BA Falcon XT, and they are very basic now missing out on some of the more simplier items that the big aussie sixes have, like split folding rear seats, aircon vent on off toggles and ofcourse the price.

Its around $37,000 for a stock Magna and they arent discounting them yet, so its pretty hard to get one much cheaper. On the other hand you can buy an S pac runout BA II XT with Cruise control, 16 inch alloys and a spoiler for $28 grand up here, i know which one id buy!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #33
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know why, but the 380 is ALWAYS compared to the falcon and commodore.

When I think of competition for the 380, I think Accord (both versions), Sonata, Maxima, Camry, Mazda 6, potentially Liberty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Its around $37,000 for a stock Magna
$34,490 actually, $38,490 will see you into a 380VRX.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 01:02 AM   #34
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
I don't know why, but the 380 is ALWAYS compared to the falcon and commodore.

When I think of competition for the 380, I think Accord (both versions), Sonata, Maxima, Camry, Mazda 6, potentially Liberty.
Exactly right. 380 vs Camry seems the logical comparison to me too. And the 380 does not stand a hope in hell of stealing any Camry market. Its more expensive and built worse. No fleets will take it over the Camry, nor will the Camry's private buyers.

Falcon/Commodore buyers won't even consider a car like that. So where does that leave it?

380 crashed and burned before they released it if you ask me. Mitsubishi Australia's days are severily numbered.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #35
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I drove one over the last two days, and I gotta tell you, it's not a bad car. COTY, not so sure about that. Besides the rattles and squeeks, as well as the overall cheapish interior on the LX model, the car performed reasonably well. The tranny has a funny habit of dropping the motors revs in between gear, and the car basically felt every bump and corrugation on the road. Also the DTE guage and fuel guage drop from a quarter of a tank and 100Ks to empty and zero all of a sudden. Also, the rear seat legroom is pretty ordinary too. The seat trim was already fraying in unexpected areas at the top of the seat, and this car was only 1500k's old.

Not hard to work out why it's not selling that well.

Quote: