Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
pchacker
Starter Motor

Default Titanium focus auto start playing songs

Hi. I have a recent focus titanium with the Sony audio unit. I have my iPhone 4s connected via Bluetooth to it.

Something that really bugs me is that whenever I start my car it starts playing songs from my phone. I can understand it doing this if I have the stereo in Bluetooth input but it does this all the time - even if the stereo is/was set to am radio. The radio is coming out the speakers but you can see on the iPhone that sync has told it to start playing songs.

Is there anyway to stop sync auto playing songs when the engine starts? Is this just an iphone - does it happen to android phone users?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

pchacker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Titanium focus auto start playing songs

Doesn't happen to my HTC, however if you mistakenly choose Bluetooth instead of Aux or USB it will start playing and not stop.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
goldy
Starter Motor

Yeah I too wish there was a way to prevent the auto play on the iPhone.
Hang on, just found this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
  1. Go to media while the music from the iPhone is playing.
  2. It should already say "Bluetooth" for the Source but if not, toggle until you are at Source "Bluetooth" (your iPhone music will be playing over the speakers)
  3. Go to Settings (bottom right-hand corner of the Sync menu)
  4. You will see an option "Autoplay"
  5. Click "Autoplay", select "off" and there you go
goldy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
pchacker
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy View Post
Yeah I too wish there was a way to prevent the auto play on the iPhone.
Hang on, just found this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
  1. Go to media while the music from the iPhone is playing.
  2. It should already say "Bluetooth" for the Source but if not, toggle until you are at Source "Bluetooth" (your iPhone music will be playing over the speakers)
  3. Go to Settings (bottom right-hand corner of the Sync menu)
  4. You will see an option "Autoplay"
  5. Click "Autoplay", select "off" and there you go
Sorry but I can't see the setting menu you talk about. When the stereo is playing blue tooth music I've attached a pic of what I see on the screen (no setting menu).

There is a sync setting menu (pic attached) but there is no auto play setting in any of the sub menus.

Is there another place I haven't found yet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1364386647369.jpg (30.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1364386759046.jpg (29.0 KB, 53 views)
pchacker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Mgoldbe1
Starter Motor

Wifey just bought LW Mk2 and is having same troubles with her Android phone (SGS3 Mini) and it's driving her crazy.

You may have solved your problems already but after lots of researched I installed a free Android app called Media Button Router.

It's kind of a blue tooth media manager - autoplay music problem gone! and the phone still auto connects as a media device.

Not sure if available for your Steve Jobs model....
Mgoldbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post