Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
izzysdad
Starter Motor

Default 12 volt acc fuse location

Hi all,Hope someone can help me. I have 2012 focus s. The 12 volt accessory plug has stopped working. The owners manual has no mention of fuse number or location in order to replace it as I assume it is just a blown fuse that is the cause of it. Is anyone able to help.?

izzysdad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: 12 volt acc fuse location

I'm not sure if the fuses are located in the same place in the LW but they are under the dash just to the right of the glove box in the LV. It is a pull down panel which is held in by 2 plastic screws (loosen and twist from memory) I'd personally make the most of your new car warranty and have it checked by a dealer at your earliest convenience

Last edited by Russ; 06-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
izzysdad
Starter Motor

Thanks Russ , I just thought it would be a quick simple fix but it is more challenging then I thought.was hoping to alleviate the muck around of taking it in to dealership.in theory the manual should state which fuse number is for it ?...
izzysdad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzysdad View Post
Thanks Russ , I just thought it would be a quick simple fix but it is more challenging then I thought.was hoping to alleviate the muck around of taking it in to dealership.in theory the manual should state which fuse number is for it ?...
I know what you mean, getting to the dealers can be a pain and the bloody manuals are pretty much useless :( There have been plenty of people complaining about the lack of information in them for simple tasks such as replacing a fuse or at least a simple diagram showing where they are and which fuse is for what
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
irs

My LW manual ( German Made vehicle) lists a fuse for the rear power outlet as fuse no 24 in the engine compartment fuse box. The passenger compartment fuse box lists fuse 61 for the cigar lighter and rear power outlet. Both are 20 amp. I assume fuse 61 is for the power outlet on the centre console. Mine is a Sport model.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: