Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #61
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Focus PowerShift Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB View Post
The dry clutch version doesn't have the fluid changed at 60k.
Ahhh seems you are correct. Thanks for clarifying that ;-)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #62
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Focus PowerShift Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutanti View Post
My Focus is Covered until Feb-2019 or 175,000KMs
Looks like its a dealer specific Extended Type Warranty
Can I offer some advice? I would suggest you buy the factory backed extended warranty when Ford offers it to you a few months prior to your standard factory warranty running out. They will send you a letter. I think it's around $1800. This is if you want to keep your car long term.

The dealer warranty is not worth a cent. Mine is through a company with 3 letters, like AIS or IAS. Read the terms and conditions. "Only $1000 per repair if they find it to be a manufacturer fault."

So, YOU must pay for the R&R + investigations, and they will pay you back afterwards.

With my gearbox problem I was quoted $600 to 'remove and inspect'. Great, that leaves $400 left. And WHO exactly will determine if it's wear and tear??

The bill for my repair is between 6 and 7 grand.... meaning I would have got zip as I don't think they pay part of a repair.

What if it was an internal engine problem?? What if it's an electrical problem that requires the dash to come out?? You're up for thousands before they even 'consider' paying for anything.

What can $1000 fix in a new car when Ford charge $110ph labour and even the most basic parts cost many hundreds / thousands of dollars??? Probably nothing.

So, if you intend to hold on to your car long term, please strongly consider taking up the option Ford offers you. If you don't hear from them, follow it up!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post