Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Default Whole body paint job

I was wondering... how much would it cost to spray paint a Focus? I mean the whole car LX spec.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

What is the spray for?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #3
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Well, I'm getting a Dawn Blue Focus but the colors in the range are alittle bland. So I figure I might change the colour myself at a later date. But I'd like to get an idea of how much it would cost so if its too much then I might just stick with my Dawn Blue. Or if its affordable I'll just get white for the time being.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 03-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
BlackLS

We'll depends on a lot of things. At least 2000 for a pretty S*** job to 10000 for a great sprayjob. But remember try to choose a colour that is close to the spray colour ie if you were to do a silver pearl with purple tinge paint job, get a silver car. That way you can get away not painting the sills and engine bay.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #5
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Holy moley... thats a hunk o' cash. I think I'll scratch the whole painting thing then. lol I can think of a better way to spend 10 grand. lol

Thanks for the replies guys.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:28 AM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

10 grand? no way..

go to your local Big W and buy 10 cans of your favorite colour. also buy some harsh sandpaper.
give your car a gentle rub to clean the surface, then give the car a really thick coat with the spray cans. let it dry for a while.. best way to test if its dry is touch the paint in a very obvious spot with your biggest finger, if it leaves a huge finger print then the paint isnt quite dry yet, leave for a while longer.

other than that, buy some clear paint and give it a nice thick coat.

all done custom paint on your brand new car!
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 01:36 AM   #7
THORNSPAWN
In the Forced 'lane

$10,000 is a stupid amount for a paint job.
this cost me $180 to paint.
THORNSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 02:10 AM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
10 grand? no way..

go to your local Big W and buy 10 cans of your favorite colour. also buy some harsh sandpaper.
give your car a gentle rub to clean the surface, then give the car a really thick coat with the spray cans. let it dry for a while.. best way to test if its dry is touch the paint in a very obvious spot with your biggest finger, if it leaves a huge finger print then the paint isnt quite dry yet, leave for a while longer.

: Mitch! Are you serious??????
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 09:47 AM   #9
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
10 grand? no way..

oooo...ooooo.....Mitch I'll pay you six tins of shoe polish, and a bottle of metho to do mine.....

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #10
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

hahahahahha i cant believe you actually think im serious..

and before you ask any further questions NO I DONT OWN A VL COMMODOORE!!
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #11
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got quoted 3-4grand from the smash repairers. Friend was willing to do it for about a grand but since his an apprentice ... i passed on his offer :]
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post