Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Valuable?

Got a close look at prototype number one of the BA GT. Its got just over 6000km on it and is purple in colour with orange stripes. its a car john bowe apparently test drove prior to the release of the model. is such a car,ignoring its low mileage ,valuable historically or financially? im an x series ford man myself and was happy to get a look.

zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Kryton

Default Re: Valuable?

I would say no, not really unless you get all documentation for it and keep it in the shed for 40 years and hope that V8s no longer exist.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

POO1..??? i seen it yonks ago at Maughn Thiem, sitting round back workshop..

always be a special car $$$ wise
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
hulkfocus

may not be worth alot but still would be a pretty collectable car and fun to own
hulkfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
nb_351
building the xe...

It would be good to see into the future and see if it would be as valuable as what an xw/xy gt prototype would be worth in today's game.
I agree it would be a cool thing to have in the shed
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
POO1..??? i seen it yonks ago at Maughn Thiem, sitting round back workshop..

always be a special car $$$ wise
thats the one pottery beige. owner has all paperwork/documentation/log books to go with the car. its in brand new condition. to me its just a purple late model ford but i figure being p001, with the john bowe testing etc, and all the paper trail from ford i think its better than most. the guys at maughan thiem pestered him for ages to buy it from him. he has a diverse range of cars in his collection so is happy to bring it out on rare occassions.
Old 15-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Always liked the 'P' cars - they always have an interesting story.

Got a mate with P002 - Force 6. It's a hamburger with the lot, has every option you can think of....
Old 15-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotGT View Post
Always liked the 'P' cars - they always have an interesting story.

Got a mate with P002 - Force 6. It's a hamburger with the lot, has every option you can think of....
Poo 1 and Poo 2... very interesting.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
thats the one pottery beige. owner has all paperwork/documentation/log books to go with the car. its in brand new condition. to me its just a purple late model ford but i figure being p001, with the john bowe testing etc, and all the paper trail from ford i think its better than most. the guys at maughan thiem pestered him for ages to buy it from him. he has a diverse range of cars in his collection so is happy to bring it out on rare occassions.
Is this the purple one with 18" XR8 rims, that was on show at the Geelong All Ford day back in 2003?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
disco

Only issue with the GT's is that they P001's ..etc for all BA, BF and GT and GT-P, then R specs, 40th's and Cobra's. So will the real slim shady please stand up?!

I own BA F6 Typhoon P0001 and it was owned by Ford for it's first 2 years. Don't think it will turn into anything too valuable but I am chuffed it's an FEU car like my XY GT. So it's personally special for me a pre-production pilot build.

Cheers.
Dave.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
disco

Michael, just read yr first post again. If it's a BA series 1 then it would be the first GT just like my Typhoon (incidentally my car is a series II BA).

Is it a 2002 build car?
Old 15-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

disco long time no speak! mate i have no idea he called me over when i was pulling out the other day but the way he was talking it was the first one built and built a fair time before the release officially. i was trying to listen to him and keep an eye on my 6 yr old!
Old 15-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Quote:
disco long time no speak! mate i have no idea he called me over when i was pulling out the other day but the way he was talking it was the first one built and built a fair time before the release officially. i was trying to listen to him and keep an eye on my 6 yr old!
That is more or less the story. I worked at MT when it was there and know the guy who bought it. It wasn't sold for Megabucks either.

Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
disco

Quote:
Hi mate, yeah, I'm sure we'll catch up next week at the Nationals in Bathurst.

The car would be 2002 model, incidentally a fellow club member owns P0003 BA GTP that is 2002 and in that phantom (wild violet) colour also.

Cheers,
Dave.