Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Default AU2/3 XR cluster and back seats into S2 Fairlane...?

Hi boys and girls,

I've got a lead on a leather XR8 interior, was just wondering what the go with the back seat is? I know the base and backs will bolt in, but do I have to swap bolsters over?

Also, did AU XR8's have rear headrests or not? This may make up my mind on wether I will go ahead with putting the rear seats in...

and the last question, what's the go with installing an AU2/3 XR8 cluster into an AU2 Fairlane? Do I have to change any wiring?

Cheers

Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
shayne93
66 Mustang

Default Re: AU2/3 XR cluster and back seats into S2 Fairlane...?

As far as I'm aware and if memory serves correct, cluster should go in and plug up correct. I think its only base model (Forte, XL, Futura and XLS) that need wiring mods for the XR or Fairmont-Fairlane cluster.
shayne93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Incorrect on the cluster.

Problem lies with the door ajar signals. Fairmont cluster receives these individually to tell which door is open.
XR receives one signal to tell if any of the doors are open.

It can be done, but you will need to join some wires together in order for the XR cluster to know that all the doors are open. Don't do that and the car will re-lock after opening the passenger door and give you the ability to lock your keys in the car (perhaps speaking from experience here)

Also fairly certain that the trip computer doesn't play dice as well, as it doesn't receive the signals it needs from the cluster.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
rmack

I went from to

I just changed the internals and added a Jaycar Speed Corrector.

7" DVD/GPS Radio
19" Wheels

HIS
FG XR8 Ute
Lux Pack
Tech Pack
Touch Screen GPS
rmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: