Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
EL.50
Just cruisin'

Default Possible dodgy ebay seller. Beware

Hi guys,

A while back a person I know bought some items from gumtree, and paid via bank deposit, and the items never arrived. The phone number was then disconnected, and all their ads disappeared from gumtree.

I then noticed, on ebay...a freshly joined seller was selling AU Ghia items, and the pics they were using, were from recently ended items. The seller listed the items as being from the same area of Sydney as the items from gumtree.

I contacted ebay showing them the recently ended ads, and these new ads, ebay promptly removed the seller.

Now today, I've noticed this

Ebay

0 feedback, from the same area and selling items very cheap, such as the Fairlane headlights...that is around half the price of what most people list them as. And the wording in the ad, is VERY similar to the dodgy ads from before, where the seller states to contact them with your reasonable offer - Exactly what they did last time (my guess is they accept any offer you make, and take your money with zero intention of sending items)

He was refusing to let people pay by paypal.

So if any of you are the ones bidding on the door spears, or the headlight that has a bid on it, please be careful, and ensure you pay ONLY by paypal, so you can get your money back if the item doesn't show.

The previous ebay account that was removed, had feedback stating people had gone to the house to pick items up, and were threatened until they left. So be careful

EL.50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Default Re: Possible dodgy ebay seller. Beware

Thanks for the heads up.. A few of those things are in my watch list..

Cheers

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
EL.50
Just cruisin'

I have messaged the seller, offering a buy it now price on one of the headlights, and he has responded demanding payment by bank deposit, and refusing to allow payment to be made via paypal. Claiming he doesn't have paypal. Paypal is compulsory when creating an ebay account now.

I would not be buying off this seller.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
peterban
AULTD

Plenty of dodgy e-bay people about.
I sold a tickford AU V8 engine cover to chucklestheclown1 aka Adam Riley from WA.
He messaged to say if he won he would pay on Thursday and have had no contact since.
This just ruins it for all the honest sellers on e-bay.
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
EL.50
Just cruisin'

Same person, so be careful with this one too: Ebay