Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Eratic Driving

A few days ago I walking through the carpark of Toowong village over looking Coronation Drive and heard a distinctive engine noise which turned out to be a black Aventador. The traffic wasn't peak hour but it wasn't far short and the Aventador raced through the traffic dodging and weaving between lanes with many other drivers having to take evasive/emergency braking, They say that money can buy you many things but it doesn't give you the right to drive like a total Bogan.

I could not see who was driving the car, but my point is there can't be too many black Aventadors in Brisbane, anyone else seen this car and its eratic driving? This is the sort of driving which is not going to end well for those involved.

Old 22-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Eratic Driving

Not many? you've practically named him.

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Old 22-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

LOTS of clips on YouTube about what happens to these tools when they mix sub standard driving skills with a 'super car'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdLHAqL8KJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgm8I0B8bY

And there are plenty more for your viewing pleasure.........

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 22-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see people in all types of cars doing this.
But if you do it in a rare car you are even more thick due to people remembering you easily and cops not have much trouble spotting you in traffic.
Old 22-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You know most people who can afford an 800K car car probably afford to live and enjoy life outside of this Nany Country ... so even if the cops get him, so what??? hes gonna pay a 2K fine which is like $2 for him, and then just do the same someplace else ... yes the world is unfair but what are you complaining about?
Old 22-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down Re: Eratic Driving

Arrogant contempt to be exact!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Old 22-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Matte Black?

If so its a rental.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

Old 22-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

It wasn't this guy?
Old 22-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They might think themselves outside the law because of the car they own and the ability to pay the fine easily...but all it takes is one angry motorist in a rusty old four wheel drive who has the idiot cut in front of him suddenly and the fourbie driver to go "Well...why not?" and just plough into the back of him...after all, it would be the Aventador drivers fault for weaving in traffic...
Old 22-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm disappointed. There are so many spelling mistakes in thread titles here I was expecting something on erotic driving!
Old 22-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #11
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
Matte Black?

If so its a rental.
Yes Matte Black, would explain why they were driving like idiots in such a highly recognizable car. I predict the car wont be on the road for much longer, either smashed or gain such notoriety that it will attract the law at every opportunity and become a victim of the hoon laws.
Old 22-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #12
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A few 'heros' down the Gold Coast a few years back got names for themselves... they ended up selling their cars because the police hounded them so much for being idiots... true story.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 23-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you don`t even need to be out on the road in sunny Melbourne, just up the road from our place is coles /kmart campbellfield, it`s an eye opener to see people wizzing through crowded car parks at 40/50 kph, i was there one day and there where 2 cars in a head on that would do justice to a medium speed main road crash, no shortage of ratbags.
Old 23-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Forget all that stuff, get back to the erotic driving...pics? Salacious stories? Oops too late, try again tomorrow ....:-D

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Old 23-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
1TUFXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can drive how you like when you own an Aventador!

You pretty much own the road.... out of pure respect other motorists should pull over and make way
4 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I'd probably drive like that if I owned one

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 23-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #17
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661 View Post
I'd probably drive like that if I owned one
What is stopping you driving like an idiot now?
Old 23-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
What is stopping you driving like an idiot now?
Single lane roads. No traffic to weave through.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 23-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

On the subject of bad driving, I was tailgated by a driving instructor today!

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 23-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
FPV_Steve
Livin Life in the F6 Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
you don`t even need to be out on the road in sunny Melbourne, just up the road from our place is coles /kmart campbellfield, it`s an eye opener to see people wizzing through crowded car parks at 40/50 kph, i was there one day and there where 2 cars in a head on that would do justice to a medium speed main road crash, no shortage of ratbags.
I also have the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing the madness of that carpark and I make sure I never have to go there now. I will go 50km in the other direction just so I don't have to visit that Kmart.

This user likes this post:
Old 23-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #21
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
A few 'heros' down the Gold Coast a few years back got names for themselves... they ended up selling their cars because the police hounded them so much for being idiots... true story.
But that's because the highway patrol (reluctant to call them police because that is tarnishing the reputation of all the good, decent, proper coppers out there) have nothing else to do in their sordid, miserable lives.
Old 23-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
SCTC
Banned

If we are to hold a drivers licience should we not be able to do the speed limit at the very least except under exceptions if the vehical isn't able to do it say a E2200 mazda ute for example especally one going up a hill. On the flats you have to try at least to maintain the speed limit.
If NOT you just hold every other road user up and if he/she over takes YOU get in a huff.
OR if you are doing under the speed limit and some one who is doing the right full speed comes up behind you, (possibly in your mind getting to close) you think You ******* and start decellerating OR breaking, (Ha that will fix you *******) WHAT DO YOU THINK THE ******* behind you is thinking?

Don't complain when he/she goes taring past ,maybe even getting close ((an inch is as good as a mile)) just to get away from you.
would you break? (PROBALLY) you know if you cause some one else to run into the back of you YOU the car in front PAYS!

I accept that everyone has not the same driving skills but there is a speed limit for a reason PLEASE DO IT and this goes dobble in a 10km zone OR what ever is expected.

WE WOULD ALL BE HAPPIER!

Chris.
Super Charged Torque Converters (TM)
Old 23-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #23
trentski
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
(reluctant to call them police because that is tarnishing the reputation of all the good, decent, proper coppers out there)
both of them
Old 24-01-2013, 02:22 AM   #24
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

This Thread has Quality Issues on many levels.

Closed.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread