Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
oneredED
need more boost

Default Front Struts...

Ok, I ordered a set of front struts from repco with lowered spring seats. After waiting almost a week for them, they are standard replacement ones...

I'm after brand and product names of any front struts with lower than standard spring seats... part numbers would be of ALOT of help... I'm going to order them from him over the phone tomorrow whilst at work.

I specifically told the guy what i wanted and he said "yes, yes i know what you mean". Turns out he really didnt when he rammed them down my throat even though i said "Umm... I really dont think these are right..." BAH! If i didnt have work tomorrow I'd go tell him to jam them up his poo-chute...

Cheers people,
Jared

Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pedders sports ryder struts have lower spring lands, a few cm's lower than Monroe GT Gas anyway.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
John_LS1

LOL @ poo-chute yeah as doug said pedders sports ryder. the only other ones i know that have lower seat base is bilstein or Koni's depends how much you want to spend :P
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:23 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

LMAO yes jerry I got ripped via work aswell. Ordered LOWERED BASE shockers and discovered they were standards with a different shaft travel length....

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 06:48 AM   #5
oneredED
need more boost

Thanks guys. I have heard KYB do one as well, but i'll get the pedders. Thanks ;)
Old 20-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

What brand are the ones you have? Got shortened travel? I might need a pair to suit ultra lows.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #7
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
What brand are the ones you have? Got shortened travel? I might need a pair to suit ultra lows.
Monroe's. I'll take them back though tomorrow ;)

Rang the place i got the struts today. The umm, quite intelligent person on the other end tried to tell me that the struts I am after are actually illegal, the pedders sports-ryders, and that he REFUSES to sell me any. WTF?! He said their methods of moving the spring seat (cut and weld) are questionable at best. I have seen many cars with them, so what the heck is this guy on about? How can they possibly be illegal, other than the potential ride height issues when combined with very low springs? I'm going elsewhere, I'm frustrated as heck, because now the new ones wont be in until after christmas :(

Jared
Old 20-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #8
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I had Sportsryders in the EB and they weren't cut and welded. They were made like that, only the one weld. Take them back and go somewhere than knows what the hell they are on about.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #9
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
I had Sportsryders in the EB and they weren't cut and welded. They were made like that, only the one weld. Take them back and go somewhere than knows what the hell they are on about.
Thats what I thought... thanks rob ;)
I'll be going elsewhere, hopefully I can get them cheap though, as we deal with repco a heck of a lot for the family business (they're the only local parts distributor), and the shocks were only $100 each, which is cheap, even for standard monroes... I guess you get what you pay for :(